The Race Track will be a TLR Sub-Forum no longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If you feel like its something that needs to take place then at least take care that when a major race topic comes up you keep it in TLR. That way we all can discuss it.

Okay, that I can agree with and I will make a few adjustments now.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Yes, making the Race Track a main forum, accessible to all, is tucking away racial issues.
Dude...I've always seen it as the equivalent of the bushes...as in...once a thread goes there...I don't go there.

It's where those type of threads go to die...

I'm a blogger with a diverse following and have been doing that for the better part of 8 years...I don't discuss race issues on my blog cause many people don't get it and it's a sensitive subject. But at the same time, I know the majority of my followers are white (and I don't have a problem with that at all) and the moment I start discussing race is the moment they start unfollowing me en masse. You can't be too black on the internet on as a black person...but white people and other non-blacks can be racist as all hell and not only is it tolerated but it's celebrated!

Shyt, do you know how many websites I stopped visiting because of all of the anti-black racism on there? TONS! I only visit 5 websites now...5! It shouldn't be like that, but that ain't any of our faults at all...it's all their faults for not having self-control and being incorrigible.

Trying to create a PC hip-hop website is not happening anytime soon...hate to break it to ya. I'm being honest here. Hip-hop is black culture. Black people have been a historically disadvantaged and criminally targeted group because of race since America's inception. Issues of race will be discussed whether people like it or not. It's just a disservice to those that want a venue to vent, share thoughts and opinions, and get some insight on the nature of the struggle/plight.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If race is that important of an issue to you all, shouldn't it deserve it's own forum? TLR is about "life" discussions. That INCLUDES race, not only race. Now you have a one stop shop for all of your race discussions. So, can someone please tell me why it's so important that you all discuss race in this particular forum but will gladly visit other subforums to discuss everything else?

As opposed to having it present in the most active and viewed forum on the board. :comeon:

Always thought the "the race track" should be used for race troll threads...but it seems yall are and have been using the section for ANY discussion period about race. I'm lookin' at the threads on the board now and any thread that has the slightest implication of being a "race topic" or veers off into a race discussion is being hid out there..."Kim Kardashian GQ woman of the year"... is in the race track? :why:

It's clear the move is meant to veer the coli away from any sort of race discussions and make the board a more comfortable place for our melanin deficient users
rNfVLkS.png

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Dude...I've always seen it as the equivalent of the bushes...as in...once a thread goes there...I don't go there.

It's where these type of threads go to die...

And why is that? Why are you so adamant about discussing race issues in this one particular forum? If the conversation is that good just continue it in the Race Track. The forum is looked at as "The Bushes" because you all don't want to support it. If you go there it will thrive. Well, as much as a niche forum can thrive.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And why is that? Why are you so adamant about discussing race issues in this one particular forum? If the conversation is that good just continue it in the Race Track. The forum is looked at as "The Bushes" because you all don't want to support it. If you go there it will thrive. Well, as much as a niche forum can thrive.

So are we going to get a "women" main forum? 75% of threads on 1st page of TLR is thread on how to het p*ssy :dead:

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Starting whenever @cook decides to do so, The Race Track will be separated from TLR and made into it's own standalone forum. This was born from an idea I had to just make TLR the Race Track and separate the Gym and Showroom forums into their own forums or a combined Lifestyle forum. Cook tweaked the idea and now all race related threads will have a home and won't be relegated to subforum status. The forum is for serious racial discussion. Not race trolling. All race trolling threads will be moved to the Bushes or deleted outright. Race is a serious issue and it needs to be taken seriously, not just used for daps, rep or to "make 'em mad." As always there will be those who agree and those who disagree with the move so all feedback is welcomed. Thank you guys as always for your continued support and cooperation. :obama:

:lupe:

:salute: All these race bait thread makers don't have a gimmick anymore. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
VOID

Okay I see...but do any threads that have anything to do with race in The Booth or the Coli go there? Or the Film Room or Arcadium? Or JBO? I hope you can see what I'm saying although I respect your decisions and choices...

Like probably 95% of this forum, I don't go looking for race topics to discuss all the time. Like my own life...I just want to discuss food, weed, fashion, women, sex, and all my favorite things without having to concern myself about race. I don't go looking for race or racism...I frankly would like to live my life without concerning myself about race or racism but as a black male...it's literally impossible...it finds me and sadly racism is prevalent in damn near all and every aspect of society.

I mean, by all means keep that forum alive...whatever. It's not like it's going to stop the flow of those threads in other subforums anytime soon.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
There are threads on haircuts, beards, cell phone etiquette, marriage all dealing with p*ssy :dead:

So we going from a forum discussing race to virgins and their insecurities :dead:

cook

Banned
Daps
we're thinking about making a few other changes in terms of forum location. our intention is not to bury anything, its just that the main category of forums is getting full. that second category needs to be taken advantage of and this is the start of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.