The Race Track will be a TLR Sub-Forum no longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cook

Banned
Daps
Would a thread like the Mike Brown thread be moved to the race track, or would that stay in TLR?

The mike brown thread was moved into the race track but then moved back to TLR. if theres another thread of that magnitude it would probably stay in tlr as well but the idea is to move all threads to TRT so that theres no accusations of favoritism and things like that which we've dealt with in the past.

What about the @cole phelps threads? Which are consistently well organized, non-troll, and actually pretty educational in general?

@cook
@Brooklynzson

those sound like good threads for the race track and maybe ones that could be used to help get it started in a new and better direction. maybe they could be stickies in there. its probably best to talk to the mods of that forum to see what they think. liggins came up with this idea so this is kinda his baby and might be able to offer better insight on his plans

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
The mike brown thread was moved into the race track but then moved back to TLR. if theres another thread of that magnitude it would probably stay in tlr as well but the idea is to move all threads to TRT so that theres no accusations of favoritism and things like that which we've dealt with in the past.

those sound like good threads for the race track and maybe ones that could be used to help get it started in a new and better direction. maybe they could be stickies in there. its probably best to talk to the mods of that forum to see what they think. liggins came up with this idea so this is kinda his baby and might be able to offer better insight on his plans

And for a suggestion, any thread with PAWG in the title should be sent to The Bushes or JBO.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Honestly, fixed....:manny:
High key, aside from outright spam, the less moderation here the better.... this shyt is the yard, thats the whole appeal.

Not to mention some of the mods here engage in all types of fukkery themselves......... posting people's pictures, spamming etc. Kind of silly to ask them to uphold rules they don't follow themselves :ld:

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Can you share the motivation behind all this? Have you been getting complaints from some of the less melanated posters :patrice:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
dumb idea

The Coli: Sports, Hip Hop and Race :gag:

I'm not sure you want the site being known as a place to come spew racially charged bullshyt, but at the end of the day who gives a fukk really :manny: I never visited that shythole before I damn sure ain't finna start meow

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Starting whenever @cook decides to do so, The Race Track will be separated from TLR and made into it's own standalone forum. This was born from an idea I had to just make TLR the Race Track and separate the Gym and Showroom forums into their own forums or a combined Lifestyle forum. Cook tweaked the idea and now all race related threads will have a home and won't be relegated to subforum status. The forum is for serious racial discussion. Not race trolling. All race trolling threads will be moved to the Bushes or deleted outright. Race is a serious issue and it needs to be taken seriously, not just used for daps, rep or to "make 'em mad." As always there will be those who agree and those who disagree with the move so all feedback is welcomed. Thank you guys as always for your continued support and cooperation. :obama:

:lupe:
That boi Always-Snitch Liggins:wow:

You done came up, huh :obama:

cook

Banned
Daps
Can you share the motivation behind all this? Have you been getting complaints from some of the less melanated posters :patrice:

no, we havent been getting complaints. liggins made a thread in the mod forum about just renaming tlr to the race track and that created some dialogue between the mods and we eventually thought that this would be a good move. the old version of the race track was a failure, and we've had some changes in how we want to run the forum since it was created. before we basically allowed any type of threads and instead of deleting things we would just move them but as a forum grows at some point you have to start thinking about quality over quantity. a lot of the threads that were in the race track were trolling or blatant race baiting type threads which should really just be deleted so that basically renders that forum useless. TLR has been steadily growing with more and more threads about race, many of which are good discussions that we think deserve to be discussed seriously. the problem was that historically TLR hasn't been a serious forum and it felt like that with the amount of race threads that it warranted it's own separate and serious forum as TLR was feeling crowded anyways. its obviously a big change so we'll see how it works out. in the end the goal is to increase the good race threads and reduce the trolling ones and we're hoping this move will help do that. if it doesn't then we'll admit we made a mistake and make a change. :manny:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
no, we havent been getting complaints. liggins made a thread in the mod forum about just renaming tlr to the race track and that created some dialogue between the mods and we eventually thought that this would be a good move. the old version of the race track was a failure, and we've had some changes in how we want to run the forum since it was created. before we basically allowed any type of threads and instead of deleting things we would just move them but as a forum grows at some point you have to start thinking about quality over quantity. a lot of the threads that were in the race track were trolling or blatant race baiting type threads which should really just be deleted so that basically renders that forum useless. TLR has been steadily growing with more and more threads about race, many of which are good discussions that we think deserve to be discussed seriously. the problem was that historically TLR hasn't been a serious forum and it felt like that with the amount of race threads that it warranted it's own separate and serious forum as TLR was feeling crowded anyways. its obviously a big change so we'll see how it works out. in the end the goal is to increase the good race threads and reduce the trolling ones and we're hoping this move will help do that. if it doesn't then we'll admit we made a mistake and make a change. :manny:

That's understandable :ehh:

Have you made decisions about modship yet? I nominate @Slaimon to be a mod. Unlike @Mr. Somebody, he's not a known demon.

cook

Banned
Daps
That's understandable :ehh:

Have you made decisions about modship yet? I nominate @Slaimon to be a mod. Unlike @Mr. Somebody, he's not a known demon.

:laugh: a bunch of existing mods have expressed interest and been made mods in there currently. we'll start off with them and see how things go but we're always open to suggestions on the direction the forum is going in.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Reaction threads that still generate decent debate will go to the Racetrack. Things like the Jamele Hill thread. Threads such as "My PAWG braided my nut hairs better than an African bedwench" will go to the bushes or be deleted. Huge issues like Mike Brown that go above and beyond race (society in general) can remain. Also, certain threads like the White Guy Afro thread can stay because it's "light." But even that got negative so it may go. The rules will remain consistent but as always there can be exceptions made. Nothing will be perfect, we are humans here. This whole sanitizing the Coli narrative is just sour grapes. Do you know how much ad revenue was lost so the forum can be as loose and free as it is? Come on.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
@bdizzle Moving the Mike Brown thread was my mistake. I wanted to anchor the new forum with a serious thread to show the new direction. However, that thread is bigger than race and also many posters who do not want to venture into any incarnation of the Race Track will still want to add their thoughts to the thread so I decided to correct my mistake and move it and the other shooting thread back.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Reaction threads that still generate decent debate will go to the Racetrack. Things like the Jamele Hill thread. Threads such as "My PAWG braided my nut hairs better than an African bedwench" will go to the bushes or be deleted. Huge issues like Mike Brown that go above and beyond race (society in general) can remain. Also, certain threads like the White Guy Afro thread can stay because it's "light." But even that got negative so it may go. The rules will remain consistent but as always there can be exceptions made. Nothing will be perfect, we are humans here. This whole sanitizing the Coli narrative is just sour grapes. Do you know how much ad revenue was lost so the forum can be as loose and free as it is? Come on.

How much money breh :lupe:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
How much money breh :lupe:

The admins said a few times ad companies gave the forum the cold shoulder because of "content." I'm telling you, this is one of the most liberal messageboards on the internet. I post at a forum where some guys are working on an Open Source Train Simulator based off of a 2001 game. An 83 old German CAC from another forum came over and said the new game was trash, the old game is better and he won't use the new game until it's like the old game. All blatant falsehoods. So, my reply was just "leave then." Admin swooped down on my post within minutes, made a strike through and told me not to get in that guy's face like that "ever again." And I was defending their game. So yeah, moderation is non existent here compared to other boards. I'm assuming Yung Yogurt will be back and gay as ever eventually.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It's a nice gesture but will it really help? Even if the initial topic isn't about race there are posters who are always going to blurt out "cac", "c00n", etc. and then the thread delves into a shytfest.

Most race threads devolve into trolling/shyt posting here. Shuffling/moving threads around won't change the garbage that gets posted in them, and thats the ugly truth nobody wants to acknowledge.

Thank both of you for bringing this up.

My thread on Reincar a while back was to bring to light the point you 2 are making

Where the threads are placed don't matter when you have people that come into any type of thread to troll and personify their Online caricature in any discussion.

Especially when that person has 100k plus post

Status
Not open for further replies.