The Race Track will be a TLR Sub-Forum no longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
basically this. unless they make it a main forum not a subforum. the reason people dont use the race track is because its a subforum with no traffic. TLR has massive and visible to lurkers, thus the baiting. The goal of baiting is to get a plat thread and fukkery, you try to hide that in a subforum, they'll just continue to put it in TLR.

make the race forum a main forum and you can keep it all in one big area. all the cac trolls will stay in there too.

It is its own standalone forum now.
They'll still post those threads in TLR, though.
It's not discussion race trolls are looking for, it's the reaction.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
It is its own standalone forum now.
They'll still post those threads in TLR, though. and
It's not discussion race trolls are looking for, it's the reaction.
Ah I see it now, its below high learning LOL.

I thought it would be below TLR. I meant the race track should be with the bigger forums up top, but that's probably not a good look for the site and sponsors.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
i wouldn't say one person is the reason for this at all.

more will join and more will be banned. this move also indicates a lower level of tolerance for racial trolling and baiting. before we just let anything go in the race track, not anymore. the goal here is to allow the good threads on race topics to thrive and get rid of the shytty ones

Would a thread like the Mike Brown thread be moved to the race track, or would that stay in TLR?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I've never liked The Race Track. Always felt that serious threads should stay put while troll/shyt-posting should simply be closed or moved to The Bushes. Does it "matter" to the coli that this forum, love it or hate it, happens to be one of the larger places on the net for black people, particularly black males, (and considering that all of the "black" magazines are either owned by non-blacks, focused on womens issues, or both, that matters a lot) to come and discuss shyt? I mean...is the message here "we just want this to be a sports-centric forum"? I feel like this is an "Atlanta Hawks Move"....too many blacks at their games and too many black issues on the coli. Why is there an effort to de-racialize discussion here when race obviously enters into every aspect of black life?

Even though the Ferguson thread was moved back...it's extremely telling that it was moved in the first place. I mean, really? So one of the biggest, most publicized, most emotionally fueled race-related stories of the past 10 years just BARELY makes the cut?

The "black men versus black women" shyt-posting threads are terrible and I generally don't think that they are even made by black posters most of the time. But I think it's real unfortunate that this is the outcome.

I saw posters on NEOGAF of all sites asking for a separate race forum....telling. But it's real odd that it's actually an aspect of this forum.

These two post pretty much sum up how I feel :

the coli sanitizing :upsetfavre:

Black people face racist ass comments on evey type of social media

hell u cant even go a day without reading racist shyt in the damm comment section for any website:wow:

we get fukked with on tv: Tosh.o, damm near any comedy special with white women on comedy central-

can't even watch a video on youtube without reading some shyt

reddit is racist as fukk

but when we speak on it here it gets moved to not offend the same people doing all the shyt in the 1st place

the thing is we already know it will be a rarely used form

so posting there would be useless

Racism is faced in LIFE

which is why it should be discussed in TLR

:yeshrug:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I've never liked The Race Track. Always felt that serious threads should stay put while troll/shyt-posting should simply be closed or moved to The Bushes. Does it "matter" to the coli that this forum, love it or hate it, happens to be one of the larger places on the net for black people, particularly black males, (and considering that all of the "black" magazines are either owned by non-blacks, focused on womens issues, or both, that matters a lot) to come and discuss shyt? I mean...is the message here "we just want this to be a sports-centric forum"? I feel like this is an "Atlanta Hawks Move"....too many blacks at their games and too many black issues on the coli. Why is there an effort to de-racialize discussion here when race obviously enters into every aspect of black life?

Even though the Ferguson thread was moved back...it's extremely telling that it was moved in the first place. I mean, really? So one of the biggest, most publicized, most emotionally fueled race-related stories of the past 10 years just BARELY makes the cut?

The "black men versus black women" shyt-posting threads are terrible and I generally don't think that they are even made by black posters most of the time. But I think it's real unfortunate that this is the outcome.

I saw posters on NEOGAF of all sites asking for a separate race forum....telling. But it's real odd that it's actually an aspect of this forum.

These two post pretty much sum up how I feel :

:yeshrug:

I definitely agree. This seems like an Atlanta Hawks move.
jZ5XmUl.png

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I've never liked The Race Track. Always felt that serious threads should stay put while troll/shyt-posting should simply be closed or moved to The Bushes.
Most race threads devolve into trolling/shyt posting here. Shuffling/moving threads around won't change the garbage that gets posted in them, and thats the ugly truth nobody wants to acknowledge.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
So the TLR ima is gonna be a lame ass PC board so CACs feel comfortable and TRT is gonna still be the equivalent to the bushes?

Make it so the cacs dont have to see discussions on race. Make them feel nice and at home and comfy. The coli has cds to push. They cant be a openly hostile site to the innocent angelic Caucasians.

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
Make it so the cacs dont have to see discussions on race. Make them feel nice and at home and comfy. The coli has cds to push. They cant be a openly hostile site to the innocent angelic Caucasians.
I could just see the email they sent the mods:

"Dudes, like there's too much talk of race, dude, it's like annoying. I'm sick of hearing about race, we're post racial now, they got obama, why do they keep complaining? Like seriously, dude, all blacks do is whine, I don't wanna hear it anymore. Move those threads to another forum or I'll return to KTT, dude."

cook

Banned
Daps
I fukk with this. Ive always thought of TLR as a forum where you can just shoot the shyt.. talk about everyday life etc. But every damn thread these days is race related. Clearly this site needs a MAIN section focused on racial dialogue, because it's what 20-30% of the users come here for.

The Coli is one of the best forums on the internet for racial subject matter... true. But it's also the best forum for fukkery and general shyt talking :blessed:

this is my point. tlr was supposed to be just for shooting the shyt, light hearted type content. then you have serious racial discussions taking place right next to a thread about eating ass, it doesnt make sense like that. the coli has become a leading place on the internet to discuss race and this move is a direct response to that. we're not trying to discourage those type of threads, we're trying to do the opposite in fact. the race track used to be hidden from guests, now its a public forum. maybe we should change the name of it too because it has a bad stigma associated with it from how it was used in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.