The Purge: The First Purge - (Trailer/July 4th)

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Yo this movie did what it intended to do I believe which was thrill the hell out of me and took me on an emotional Rollercoaster.

So many racial under and overtones in this film.
Anyone peep the dude crawling on the baseball field tryna head "home"?

I dislike the portrayal of the gang culture and the trap music, but I'm conflicted, because it made it more real to me in 2018.

Last edited:

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
Movie was good as shyt some of the negative reviews are wild off. Y'lan definitely channeled prime Wesley snipes all through the flick. Has all the potholes I'd expect from a purge movie but this followed by anarchy are for sure my top 2 of the franchise.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Movie was good as shyt some of the negative reviews are wild off. Y'lan definitely channeled prime Wesley snipes all through the flick. Has all the potholes I'd expect from a purge movie but this followed by anarchy are for sure my top 2 of the franchise.
explain for the mentally challenged people like me breh

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Wasn't as great as anarchy

Yeah i didn't like it as that much either, especially how dude at the end started busting out gun kata then turned into John McLane
the main dude elbowed the guy with a helmet on in the head.....and he still flopped :mjlol:

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
explain for the mentally challenged people like me breh
For example how
Marisa Tomei character went from in the surveillance lab to being dropped off and murked. There was no explanation for how and when that happened but I let it rock :yeshrug:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
For example how
Marisa Tomei character went from in the surveillance lab to being dropped off and murked. There was no explanation for how and when that happened but I let it rock :yeshrug:
I mean it was kind of obvious what was about to go down
once dude told her she would be remembered by her country or some shyt I knew she was about to get clapped. Her character was never meant to be all that important.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
once dude told her she would be remembered by her country or some shyt I knew she was about to get clapped. Her character was never meant to be all that important.
Like someone said it seemed they didnt have the budget to keep her around for more scenes so they just came up with that weak shyt

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Like someone said it seemed they didnt have the budget to keep her around for more scenes so they just came up with that weak shyt
She found out what was going on and they silenced her. You think blumhouse was like “You know what... we really NEED Marisa Tomei in this. Problem is we can only afford to have her in 70 of the 90 minutes. Whatever we’ll figure something out later.”

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
One positive I can say for this movie is Dimitri looks like he can be a leading man in a action flick.

Other than that shyt was trash af

I didn’t even know breh. In the opening scene I was like:

“Who the fukk is this Wesley Snipes looking mother fukker?”:patrice:

But towards the end I was like “ohhh shyt this is my nikka! I fukks with this guy!”:whoo:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
For example how

Yeah I don't know how breh missed that. When dude said she'll be remembered he closed the door behind him and left his 2 goons in there.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I didn’t even know breh. In the opening scene I was like:

“Who the fukk is this Wesley Snipes looking mother fukker?”:patrice:

But towards the end I was like “ohhh shyt this is my nikka! I fukks with this guy!”:whoo:

Yeah I hope breh gets more work, would hate to see him only be known for his role on Insecure.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

That is exactly who he reminded me of....or in a multi-verse, the son of Nino Brown.....