‘The Predator': Most of Third Act Was Rewritten, Says Keegan-Michael Key

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Predator-reboot.jpg

Reshoots wrapped last week

Keegan-Michael Key says reshoots on Shane Black’s “The Predator” reboot changed most of the movie’s third act.

“We just finished [reshoots] last week, and just about three-quarters of the third act was rewritten,” Key told CinemaBlend. “And Shane Black is… he’s just a consummate professional, and a consummate writer. He’s a wordsmith! It was a really, really exhilarating experience, and I think that he’s still one of our most vibrant writers of cinema.”

Key, Olivia Munn, Sterling K. Brown, Yvonne Strahovski and Boyd Holbrook star in the remake. Holbrook stars in the film as an ex-Marine who discovers the existence of the titular alien species and is forced to lead the fight against them. Jacob Tremblay (“Room”) plays the marine’s son, an autistic boy who is bullied in school but becomes vital to his father’s mission as his ability to quickly learn languages proves to be a valuable tool.

“The Predator” will be the first installment in the “Predator” series since 2007’s “Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.” Black co-wrote the screenplay with Fred Dekker (“Monster Squad”).

The original “Predator” movie came out in 1987 and famously starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the leader of an elite special forces team on a mission to rescue hostages from guerrilla territory in Central America — before being hunted down an advance alien life form.

“The Predator” will hit theaters on Sept. 14.

'The Predator': Most of Third Act Was Rewritten, Says Keegan-Michael Key

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Why didn't they continue with Predators? I thought that shyt was dope and the setting being on the aliens planet was interesting :jbhmm:
People didn't like that but I agree seeing different tribes of Predators was dope:whoo:I wish they'd make a film where we follow a young Predator as he grows stronger and travels to different planets hunting :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Monoblock let me elaborate so I don’t sound too flippant. There are times when rewriting a third act has worked beautifully and times when it hasn’t. There have been times where a script is rewritten while in production or they go into a movie without a full script. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. It’s really a crap shoot and not really the sign of trouble. All depends on the director and the cast and how they manage it. So like I said I really don’t worry about shyt when it comes to stuff like this because there’s nothing for me to judge either way. I don’t know what was there before I don’t know what’s there now so all I can do is wait till I see the final product