The Political Solution for African-Americans is Our Own Political Party

Should we have an African-American political party?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Without financial backing we won't get anywhere far. Financial barriers are our greatest hindrance but somehow always the least of our worries.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

12% of the electorate was black in the recent election; it was 13% in 2012. There is simply no feasible political pathway for an "all black" political party to gain any power in this country because of basic math. You don't have the bodies to get anything accomplished outside of smugly sit around and pat yourselves on the back. Even in minority cities. Let's just hypothetically say an all black party took over Detroit and became mayor. What does the party do with downtown, where whites predominantly spend money? What does the party do if the government of Michigan decides to restrict money to the city due to the political situation?

You don't have any power brehs. Playing dress up and forming a political party doesn't change that. Instead of fantasizing about nationalist bullshyt how about you focus on the communities you actually have, the neighborhoods you actually live in, and start holding your actual politicians accountable. How about we push back against black churches that endorse corrupt, do-nothing black (and white) politicians and instead look for ones who meet our interests...

And what are yall doing btw? :jbhmm:

I go to my local Big Brother Big Sister mentoring program all the time and I'm the only young black man there. I see plenty of white people there mentoring. This is anecdotal so it's not meant to drive home some large point. But what I am saying is that there are plenty of things you can do in your community RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for fantasies to happen.

Look at what Asian Americans are doing in California, and how they vote. When an Asian takes a local house or senate seat, that seat remains Asian no matter what. They vote in blocks based on specific policy demands. For instance they're focusing on dismantling affirmative action now. I'd love to see that same type of organizing in black cities. Every 2 years there are local and midterm elections that black people categorically do not vote in. That determine judges, sheriffs, prosecutors...all the shyt that directly impacts the community. And black voters simply do not show up. You know who shows up? Old white people.
:martin:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
12% of the electorate was black in the recent election; it was 13% in 2012. There is simply no feasible political pathway for an "all black" political party to gain any power in this country because of basic math. You don't have the bodies to get anything accomplished outside of smugly sit around and pat yourselves on the back. Even in minority cities. Let's just hypothetically say an all black party took over Detroit and became mayor. What does the party do with downtown, where whites predominantly spend money? What does the party do if the government of Michigan decides to restrict money to the city due to the political situation?
Why do you guys keep thinking such party has to run for president? the idea is to focus on black issues.

As for the red bolded why only use Detroit and not Atlanta where blacks have been the dominate political force?

You don't have any power brehs. Playing dress up and forming a political party doesn't change that. Instead of fantasizing about nationalist bullshyt how about you focus on the communities you actually have, the neighborhoods you actually live in, and start holding your actual politicians accountable. How about we push back against black churches that endorse corrupt, do-nothing black (and white) politicians and instead look for ones who meet our interests...

And what are yall doing btw? :jbhmm:
Um...Why does this have to be mutually exclusive. What you're saying and what the OP said can work hand and hand...

I go to my local Big Brother Big Sister mentoring program all the time and I'm the only young black man there. I see plenty of white people there mentoring. This is anecdotal so it's not meant to drive home some large point. But what I am saying is that there are plenty of things you can do in your community RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for fantasies to happen.

Look at what Asian Americans are doing in California, and how they vote. When an Asian takes a local house or senate seat, that seat remains Asian no matter what. They vote in blocks based on specific policy demands. For instance they're focusing on dismantling affirmative action now. I'd love to see that same type of organizing in black cities. Every 2 years there are local and midterm elections that black people categorically do not vote in. That determine judges, sheriffs, prosecutors...all the shyt that directly impacts the community. And black voters simply do not show up. You know who shows up? Old white people.
:martin:

Maybe thats just California and California does NOT represent all blacks in the USA. I been to the South many times i.e North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia and Maryland. Many blacks there vote locally.

Like I said you are acting like this has to be mutually exclusive.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
I agree, but to be honest, most black ppl offline aren't going to go for this. A lot of us don't consider forming our own groups independently because we want to stick to the same habits we're always done and are afraid to do something different, independently from other races especially whites. It's like a lot of us can't even imagine forming more of our own shyt that's specifically for us and no one else. Also, many feel like if something wasn't started by or owned by a white person then why even bother, it's like we cling to whatever they own, instead of it motivating us to start more of own our things. A lot of us think white ppl's stuff is better, and fear starting our own shyt together, i hate to say it but that's generally what it is.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do you guys keep thinking such party has to run for president? the idea is to focus on black issues.

The Green party is doing something similar here. I heard a story on NPR where they had a mayoral candidate running in Baltimore for the first time and future goals to get more green party candidates on the city council. I think this would be a good idea for blacks if we were to start our own party.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The impending verdict on the Walter Scott shooting makes this post all the more important.
I'm listening right now to Professor Blacktruth's video from Sunday.

He giving a detailed plan on how just 10 ride or die black folks can get together to do this in their local municipalities.

@KidStranglehold

Last edited: