The plight of Blacks under Obama

Blacks doing better with Obama in Office or worse?

• Better?

• Worse?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
What is your opinion of the progression of the condition of blacks under obama? Im going with toilet status honestly. Blacks are politically at our weakest point in history. Blacks are brutalized and jailed at higher rates, blacks are actually "regressing" in wealth creation. Racial animoisty is at an all time high and threatens to literally rip the nation apart. Truly troubling times for the nation.

Anyways, it safe to say Obama's presidency just helped the gays and the feminists. What say ya'll?

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
When Obama was elected into office, I cried. I thought I never see the day a black man would be in office. I didn't expect systemic change overnight but I expected a voice.

Clinton's had more of a voice for Black People than Obama. Hell, Michelle has done and said more than Barack has.

The nikka's a puppet and I feel shytty I didn't see it from the start. :pacspit:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Anyways, it safe to say Obama's presidency just helped the gays and the feminists. What say ya'll?

But but but Obama gave us hope that we all can make it. The image of a black man in power is sufficent enough for blacks. Who cares if every AAs are still at the bottom of every statistic on this country :troll:

When Obama was elected into office, I cried. I thought I never see the day a black man would be in office. I didn't expect systemic change overnight but I expected a voice.

Clinton's had more of a voice for Black People than Obama. Hell, Michelle has done and said more than Barack has.

The nikka's a puppet and I feel shytty I didn't see it from the start. :pacspit:

If you are young, then its ok. Hell we all thought Obama was a "real nikka" and would atleast mention blacks or what his plan is for black america.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Once cac politicans saw a black man actually won the office, they got scared as shyt.

Doing shyt that no other president would have to deal with it if they were white.

And the blatant disrepect, security failures, and passive (Sometimes blatant) racist rhetoric is disgusting.

And the fear in return has made many of these cacs take shyt out on common blacks even more.

He can't be militant Obama because they'd really shyt a brick (and he never would have been elected anyway if he was).

He's trying to be professional, and they still disrespect him.

I think his presidency has opened many of our eyes on where we truly stand because much of it was hidden or concealed before he took office. Once he became president cacs showed their true colors.

I thank him. Because now because of him, I KNOW WHERE I STAND.

His presidency should be a wake up call to get our shyt together. Stop letting the media, tv, radio etc continue to keep us pacified with the minstrelity we are spoon fed daily. We aren't the ones really eating off it and even worse these c00n messages are fukking up the minds of our youth.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The biggest thing to take from the Obama era is the key is education/economics not politics. The lives of African Americans on a whole are pretty much the same(one could argue worse) under the first black president than they were before. Now.. Is that his fault? no, it's just that he doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
If i may add. The black enforcers of white supremacy, mayors, police commissioners, rank and file ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS.

They really think putting a black face up at the podium can pacify people.

They really think black people are that dense and rudimentary.

I'm glad so many of you smell the stink of their setup.

Jig is up. I salute the young brothers and sisters in Baltimore. This generation will NOT be pacified by the minstrels that claim to speak for us.

fukk your empty prayers, fukk your castrated approach to life, fukk your self hating ways.

:salute: the youth

freetroit

Banned
Daps
That nikka Obama is out of here next year

Why does he have to play nice now?

He has nothing to lose when it comes to stopping police murdering unarmed citizens yet is still a coward

He doesn't have to hold back anything he wanted to do for blacks now

Is the my brothers keeper program benefitting any black people ?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
he cant be militant Obama .... alright but he can be militant with Gay rights , Feminists, Hispanics and Ray Rice. We want so little so we make excuses for why they wont do anything, if the highest postion in america cant do something tangible that speaks volumes . People forget he always go back in his speech to blame black men

dude is not holding back he just don't give fuk just like black entertainers with wealth

i swear nikkas be colorstruck but i see tariq nasheed change his tune

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
he cant be militant Obama .... alright but he can be militant with Gay rights , Feminists, Hispanics and Ray Rice. We want so little so we make excuses for why they wont do anything, if the highest postion in america cant do something tangible that speaks volumes . People forget he always go back in his speech to blame black men

dude is not holding back he just don't give fuk just like black entertainers with wealth

i swear nikkas be colorstruck but i see tariq nasheed change his tune

An small example of such: Obama pledging $75 million for 50,000 cameras....when there are 765,000 officers in the nation. Not even 10% of officers will have cameras on them.

A bone here, a bone there, apparently that's all it takes to prevent black ppl from taking legit action or for Obama to avoid legit criticism from his most loyal constituency.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
An small example of such: Obama pledging $75 million for 50,000 cameras....when there are 765,000 officers in the nation. Not even 10% of officers will have cameras on them.

A bone here, a bone there, apparently that's all it takes to prevent black ppl from taking legit action or for Obama to avoid legit criticism from his most loyal constituency.
i think most of his black loyalist don't care about the problem we face, they're just happy for Obama to be in office so any bull he pull they wont call him out for. it reminds me of people who salute black people who become the first black this or that in a white establishment .....im like sooooo

we're going to need more than a "black" face and bullshyt about hope/change to move forward. its really like some kid shyt to me how we response to politicians who do the same thing to us over and over

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Clinton's had more of a voice for Black People than Obama.
No. While Obama and Holder have sat on empty promises on easing up drug prosecutions, Clinton expanded the drug war like a motherfukker. So no.
If i may add. The black enforcers of white supremacy, mayors, police commissioners, rank and file ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS.

They really think putting a black face up at the podium can pacify people.

They really think black people are that dense and rudimentary.

I'm glad so many of you smell the stink of their setup.

Jig is up. I salute the young brothers and sisters in Baltimore. This generation will NOT be pacified by the minstrels that claim to speak for us.

fukk your empty prayers, fukk your castrated approach to life, fukk your self hating ways.

:salute: the youth
This. This. This.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
No. While Obama and Holder have sat on empty promises on easing up drug prosecutions, Clinton expanded the drug war like a motherfukker. So no.
This. This. This.
He inherited much of that from Reagan AND Bush Sr. The plane was already going to crash, Clinton just accelerated it, but alright fault falls on the last one standing. :manny:

Here's what both have done on Civil Rights

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Bill_Clinton_Civil_Rights.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Barack_Obama_Civil_Rights.htm

Like @loyola llothta said, Obama is very militant about gay rights but on as a voice for black issues he's "No black or white America--just United States of America" deflecting like a mother fukker, which was a great platform to run on but :comeon:

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
He inherited much of that from Reagan AND Bush Sr. The plane was already going to crash, Clinton just accelerated it, but alright fault falls on the last one standing. :manny:

Here's what both have done on Civil Rights

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Bill_Clinton_Civil_Rights.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Barack_Obama_Civil_Rights.htm/
Don't ask, don't tell was a band aid. Just because he inherited it, doesn't mean he had to twist the knife even further. And as far as I'm concerned, dude is a sack of shyt. http://prisontime.org/2013/08/12/timeline-black-support-for-the-war-on-drugs/ Scroll down to the 90s.
Like @loyola llothta said, Obama is very militant about gay rights but on as a voice for black issues he's "No black or white
Remember gay rights also benefit gays in the black community too. I agree with your point on his colorblind deflections however.

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
The great irony will be that even though he took a long view and brushed off all the fukkery that come with a post Clinton presidency by focusing on a legacy greater than his race, be it health care or Iran nuclear negotiations or whatever other grand scheme that would put him up there with the greats. His legacy will be black people being killed and no justice meted out.

as a wise man once said, "events dear boy, events"
life is funny like that.:manny: