The Pelicans are out here DOMINATING the Warriors

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Miami316 is a Brooklyn hipster who refuses to meet up with me or @BuddyOmar to catch a game because he has the ultimate "holier than thou" attitude about everything. Sad!
Hipster :dahell:? There are millions of people in Brooklyn. Most of us aren't hipsters and I don't even live in a hipster neighborhood.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I think this is the first Coli Jinx I got to watch play out as an actual poster. :leon:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Regular season games are strange like that. I think 10-13 different times during the 27 game streak the Heat fell behind by 10+ :manny:

The defensive scheme of the Miami Heat was inherently prone to that phenomenon.

That shyt required max effort all the time or not it would lead to breakdowns all the time. They ran smoke and mirrors as their paint protection. And either Riley wouldnt or couldnt get competent bigs.

Funnily enough they overemphasized paint protection and were consistently mediocre rebounders and were generally awful at protecting three pointers because they were constantly scrambling.

Bball analysts will look back in years to come and realize what an amazing squad they were given their flaws... They literally excelled at very few things..but like many things in life you only have to be truly great when it counts the most...the playoffs.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The defensive scheme of the Miami Heat was inherently prone to that phenomenon.

That shyt required max effort all the time or not it would lead to breakdowns all the time. They ran smoke and mirrors as their paint protection. And either Riley wouldnt or couldnt get competent bigs.

Funnily enough they overemphasized paint protection and were consistently mediocre rebounders and were generally awful at protecting three pointers because they were constantly scrambling.

Bball analysts will look back in years to come and realize what an amazing squad they were given their flaws... They literally excelled at very few things..but like many things in life you only have to be truly great when it counts the most...the playoffs.
On that note though they always defended the paint well. I think they used to regularly allow less than 40 points per game in the paint.