The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
It pretty much depends gaming laptops often cost much more then desktop counter parts of you can manage to get a laptop with a gtx 860m inside it then your ok to do some decent gaming. You can get a pretty good desktop for that much money much better then you could for a laptop. Laptops often start getting good around the 1k price point these days with the entry level Lenovo y50
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.50GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB Graphics Card / Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
  • 16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz / Bluetooth Version 4.0
  • 512 GB Solid State Drive / Windows 8.1 / No Optical Drive

What those stats looking like ?

Thats right at my limit of 1500. In about a year i foresee me doing some time in the desert(deployed) so i want something that i can take with me.
Will it play the newer fps ? Can it be upgraded? ( video cards,ram etc...)

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA

Thats right at my limit of 1500. In about a year i foresee me doing some time in the desert(deployed) so i want something that i can take with me.
Those specs look like that it of the y50 which in that case will serve you well but make sure to isn't the 4k model the 4k model cost more and has display issues while gaming. Get the 1080p model

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA

As far as laptop high grades no most laptops are not even worth the hassle for it sager makes it easy for upgrades

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You go back and forth like a broad. I don't care enough to build one myself.

I'll save that for people who make $3500 a night but pay notes on 8 year old Dodges

if only the charger cost $3500 when I bought it then that would make sense

but I live in California, shyt happens to be expensive just to live here :yeshrug:

coulda got a pre built one for $1000 thats better than that $2500 shyt you got

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
if only the charger cost $3500 when I bought it then that would make sense

but I live in California, shyt happens to be expensive just to live here :yeshrug:

coulda got a pre built one for $1000 thats better than that $2500 shyt you got

Payments on a used 07 dodge in 2015...

Payments on a 8 year old Dodge

Pay double in financing for a used Dodge and worry about what another nikka paid for.

You lost, now stop quoting me broke fakkit and worry about how you can recop your losses on that trash you paid a note on

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Payments on a used 07 dodge in 2015...

Payments on a 8 year old Dodge

Pay double in financing for a used Dodge and worry about what another nikka paid for.

You lost, now stop quoting me broke fakkit and worry about how you can recop your losses on that trash you paid a note on

48 month loan. Used car. what are you like 18 and never had a car loan ? :dahell:

recoup ? my car is paid off in a few days (last payment). Its worth $6k or so :obama: decent down payment on my next shyt

when you grow older youll realize how this works :heh:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
so im making the jump from 1080p to at least 2k and was wondering what GPU and Monitor combo do i need to achieve that?

right now im rocking an R9 270x which i need to upgrade regardless of my gaming resolution.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I have been up late hours, and don't really enjoy watching TV or movies much. So I was thinking about getting into gaming again and just lsitening to some music while i play to help me sleep earlier.

I was much more of a Sega fan than anything else, but i typically ONLY get into wrestling and sports games (including skateboarding.snowboarding) ...

So what I am asking for is some suggestions ... haven't owned a system since PS3 (purchased a two years after it's release), which I sold in less than 4 months after being disappointed in the wrestling and sports games (with the exception of NBA Street Homecourt) ... basically Dreamcast was the last system i enjoyed.

Should I get another PS3, or should i just get a decent computer with a nice sound and graphics card and bootleg/Emulate?!

What's more bang for the bucks? What price range should i be looking at.

I also feel that getting a computer may be useful if I decide to start recording/composing music as well. I am actually more concerned with this than the gaming. so what's best, a mac or a pc?

Right now I have a Windows 7 Gateway/1TB/6GB DDR3/DVD player/some kind of Intell processor ... will that suffice for PS3 quality gaming?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So I have been up late hours, and don't really enjoy watching TV or movies much. So I was thinking about getting into gaming again and just lsitening to some music while i play to help me sleep earlier.

I was much more of a Sega fan than anything else, but i typically ONLY get into wrestling and sports games (including skateboarding.snowboarding) ...

So what I am asking for is some suggestions ... haven't owned a system since PS3 (purchased a two years after it's release), which I sold in less than 4 months after being disappointed in the wrestling and sports games (with the exception of NBA Street Homecourt) ... basically Dreamcast was the last system i enjoyed.

Should I get another PS3, or should i just get a decent computer with a nice sound and graphics card and bootleg/Emulate?!

What's more bang for the bucks? What price range should i be looking at.

I also feel that getting a computer may be useful if I decide to start recording/composing music as well. I am actually more concerned with this than the gaming. so what's best, a mac or a pc?

Right now I have a Windows 7 Gateway/1TB/6GB DDR3/DVD player/some kind of Intell processor ... will that suffice for PS3 quality gaming?
It seems that most musicians prefer Macs, but macs aren't really good for gaming at all.

Your gateway probably doesn't have a good graphics card in it, so it might not be up to ps3 quality gaming. But you can buy a cheap mid-range graphics card and get ps3 quality graphics no problem.