The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
really want to cop a pair of 980's and throw my 670's in the bushes..but my gut tells me to wait and see what amd fires back with. I really want to start gaming above 1080p though :bryan:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I still think it needs some more curve, but this on the right path. I have about a 135 degree angle from my center monitor to either the left or the right. I've fooled around with many different angles, and I think it's perfect. It all depends on where you sit too (kinda like speakers).

Edit: I know that that type of curve is not possible on one monitor without distortion :whoa:. That's the benefit of having 3 (plus at 3 you're at ultra, ultra wide). I saw somebody with a good curve though on a monitor, but those shyts were like 4K or something outrageous like that

Edit: found a pic

083010_ostendotech_43_curved_display_3.jpg

:whoo::noah:

But that curve on the single monitor is the kinda curve you need for ultrawides

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
so that new driver:

same scores in 3d mark
1fps increase in arkham city and tomb raider, lol\
Less stuttering in Watch Dogs (it only stutters in the heart of the city under bridges now)
Everything else is the same.

I'm not seeing the improvements everybody else is seeing :mjcry: Maybe it's cuz I'm in 3 monitors...I dunno

@duckbutta we might be saved. Try out the new profile for Watch Dogs with this driver release (normally those profiles don't do shyt for me, but this one did. I just used nvidia inspector to get to it. I refuse to use geforce experience :pacspit:). I bet you'll see less stuttering. I did at 5760x1080. It's still there in the heart of the city under bridges while driving, but it's been improved. Probably still need 4gb+ though to have no stutter, or another driver update or some shyt. But at least it's something

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
BF4 and Titanfall still not working with this new update. Ever since that hardline beta, I can't even play those games at all. They load up then use 0% of my gpus and basically slow to a snail's pace and make the game not even start. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and everything. Hardline literally broke those games for me. fukk that. Dragon Age better not be broken.

Origin :pacspit:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BF4 and Titanfall still not working with this new update. Ever since that hardline beta, I can't even play those games at all. They load up then use 0% of my gpus and basically slow to a snail's pace and make the game not even start. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and everything. Hardline literally broke those games for me. fukk that. Dragon Age better not be broken.

Origin :pacspit:
*Boots up BF4 fine*

:troll:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
*Boots up BF4 fine*

:troll:
:pacspit: :mjcry:

I think i need to reinstall windows for that shyt to work. Hardline beta fukked something up major. No problems with ANY steam game though :mjpls:

Crysis 3 works off origin and that's all I care about right now. I already played BF4 to death and beat it, and we'll Titanfall is boring so who gives a fukk? I just hope future Origin games work. If not I'm gonna become furious. :stopitslime:

Edit: I just joined you in the having all systems game. Ps4, Xbox1, Wii U, gaming rig :blessed:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@daze23 do you play arma 3 at all? I'm watching a stream of it right now, looks fun as hell, I'm dying at some of the funny shyt happening right now, the streamer I'm watching just got arrested by like 3 police officers and is now in Guantanamo :heh:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

I think i need to reinstall windows for that shyt to work. Hardline beta fukked something up major. No problems with ANY steam game though :mjpls:

Crysis 3 works off origin and that's all I care about right now. I already played BF4 to death and beat it, and we'll Titanfall is boring so who gives a fukk? I just hope future Origin games work. If not I'm gonna become furious. :stopitslime:

Edit: I just joined you in the having all systems game. Ps4, Xbox1, Wii U, gaming rig :blessed:

Breh how do you have the patience for as many issues as you have? :dead:

Only time I had an issue with BF4, I messed with the graphics API and after switching back from Mantle my shyt was flawless :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh how do you have the patience for as many issues as you have? :dead:

Only time I had an issue with BF4, I messed with the graphics API and after switching back from Mantle my shyt was flawless :blessed:
You learn to live this type of life when you game in three monitors. It's nothing new.

Don't get me wrong, I almost broke a few tables cuz I was so infuriated.

But I'm a 3 monitor fiend. I just need it. I'll go to great lengths for it to work well (see this thread for examples...hahaha). I had 2 months of fury trying to get my new rig up and running right. But now it's almost perfect (minus the titanfall and bf4 problems).

oh and klonopin helps

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Spoke too soon. BF4 crashed while I was playing. :yeshrug: Oh well I wasn't really into it anyway.

Damn you got all of em now?? I don't have an Xb1 yet, don't think I'm getting it anytime soon.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Spoke too soon. BF4 crashed while I was playing. :yeshrug: Oh well I wasn't really into it anyway.

Damn you got all of em now?? I don't have an Xb1 yet, don't think I'm getting it anytime soon.
we'rent you just playing on one, making threads about not being able to take pics?. I had to get one for MCC and sunset overdrive

No courtdog, but the kinect is pretty cool too. To bad it never took off on the pc

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we'rent you just playing on one, making threads about not being able to take pics?. I had to get one for MCC and sunset overdrive

No courtdog, but the kinect is pretty cool too. To bad it never took off on the pc
Yeah my cousin got one, he lives downstairs from me so I can pretty much play it when he's not on or w/e.