The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Really depends on your ambient temps amongst other things but 42c isn't bad. However, if all you did was change the multiplier then your mobo is increasing the voltage automatically and most likely overcompensating for the clocks. Figure out how much voltage your system is using and if its stable at said voltage, then start decreasing it in steps of 2 until you become unstable. Once unstable increase it by 1 step until you're stable again.
What test should I run in prime 95?

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Under advanced select,

SUM(Inputs) Error Checking
Round Off Checking

Then Under options select Torture Test, then put in the following,
(disregard the 8, your system should say 4)
o8rHlH0.jpg

Alternatively you can download RealBench V2.2 and run loops of the stress test.

http://rog.asus.com/file/?download=RealBench_v2.2.zip

http://rog.asus.com/275272013/overclocking/realbench-benchmarking-stress-test-insights/

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
it don't get that hot in the bay :wtf:

unless you'ere doing some indoor gardening...

it gets to 100+ in pittsburgh, antioch, walnut creek, concord, vallejo, san jose and fairfield... Basically any where not Oakland n Frisco you can see 100+ degrees outside a decent amount of times during summer..

Frisco tho if it gets to 90+ the locals think the world boutta end :heh:

San Jose, Fairfield and 925 area code can get hot as fukk :huhldup: , just a lil below Sacramento heat.. ive been in 122 degree heat in Fairfield before :wtf:

edit: just checked the weather, its 104 degrees right now outside :huhldup:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
95c on %99.6 Load...

That can't be good...:merchant:

Your lucky I told you to use test 1344. If you had chose blend your shytmay have hit 100+ where it would be throttling itself to stay on. With my 4790K I've reached 100c on it with my crazy water cooling set up.

what the fukk are you guys doing to get those temps...and with liquid cooling?

damn.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I'm not liquid cooled...

just tested some games...

Skyrim and GTA IV maxed out with ENB ultra settings don't go above 62c...

Watch dogs hit 65c...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it gets to 100+ in pittsburgh, antioch, walnut creek, concord, vallejo, san jose and fairfield... Basically any where not Oakland n Frisco you can see 100+ degrees outside a decent amount of times during summer..

Frisco tho if it gets to 90+ the locals think the world boutta end :heh:

San Jose, Fairfield and 925 area code can get hot as fukk :huhldup: , just a lil below Sacramento heat.. ive been in 122 degree heat in Fairfield before :wtf:

edit: just checked the weather, its 104 degrees right now outside :huhldup:
alright, I remember when I would look at the weather it was mad hot just a little inland

and yeah, I think the hipsters in SF would melt if it made it up to 90 there :heh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If my voltages are randomly fluctuating on my psu (for the 3.3), I'm assuming I have a problem, or could it just be a random mobo read error?

They're within the margin of error, but I dunno why they fluctuate in the mobo all of the sudden

Edit: sometimes they are 3.312 sometimes 3.296. Earlier today i saw them going back and forth nonstop in my UEFI

Edit:

I'm convinced HWMonitor is the devil. I'm just sitting here looking at voltages and shyt. The more you learn, the more you have to pay attention to shyt :beli:

If anybody cares, voltage fluctuation is apparently normal as long as it is within the margins. :manny:

It should be:

For 3.3V, 3.125 to 3.465
For 5V, 4.75 to 5.25
For 12V, 11.4 to 12.6

I need a better power supply though I think :to:

Last edited: