The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Does your gameplay have artifacting every now and then? Mine does and I can't find a fix for that shyt. It's mad annoying.

i haven't really dealt with any artifacting with my footage, but an annoying bug I deal with from time to time is where it would record my desktop wallpaper and not the game itself.

shadowplay/geforce experience is just buggy overall, and you're probably better served using OBS to capture your footage. I'm too lazy to setup OBS recording proper, so I just deal with shadowplay's periodic bullshyt.

if you want to stick w/ shadowplay, have you checked your bitrate settings? if your GPU can handle it, try bumping the bitrate higher if you haven't already, might help with some of the quality issues, especially if its fast motion related.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
i haven't really dealt with any artifacting with my footage, but an annoying bug I deal with from time to time is where it would record my desktop wallpaper and not the game itself.

shadowplay/geforce experience is just buggy overall, and you're probably better served using OBS to capture your footage. I'm too lazy to setup OBS recording proper, so I just deal with shadowplay's periodic bullshyt.

if you want to stick w/ shadowplay, have you checked your bitrate settings? if your GPU can handle it, try bumping the bitrate higher if you haven't already, might help with some of the quality issues, especially if its fast motion related.
I have the bitrate set to 100 recording @1400p. Don't really wanna go higher than that due to file sizes. I would use OBS if it has a shadowplay style feature where it was always recording and I could simply do a key input to save it. Shadowplay is just more convenient in that regard.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
I have the bitrate set to 100 recording @1400p. Don't really wanna go higher than that due to file sizes. I would use OBS if it has a shadowplay style feature where it was always recording and I could simply do a key input to save it. Shadowplay is just more convenient in that regard.

OBS has a Replay Buffer you can customize to save the last X amount of seconds of footage. check this video out (dude has a ton of videos on obs):

• Wow
Reactions: Him

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I made a cardinal sin. I bought one of those new black Macbook Pros in preparation for my Vision Pro coming in a couple of weeks. The macbook is nice though. I might make it my main laptop.

The Macbook actually does 4kx2, while my Dell XPS only did 1440p. This mac is nice. I just gotta figure out the features.

This is sacrilege, but I'm using my new macbook as my main laptop until I build my new PC. This mac is real nice.

I've decided I hate macs. There's just so much you can't do on it compared to pcs. I only got this macbook pro for the Vision Pro, so we shall see it it was worth it. :francis:
:russ: the shyt you go through is Grade A comedy sometimes. Your outlook might change if you treat it as a fancy unix machine, if you're familiar with unix. Otherwise you're running into probably the same reasoning as to why I haven't gotten one yet.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
So, the Magic Mouse is complete utter trash. The Magic Trackpad is too. I don’t even know why people like Mac’s. I guess they are easy if you do basic shyt, but trash if you want to do anything substantial:camby:
There's a reason on why pro users have a love/hate relationship with Apple, especially when it comes to anything Mac related.

And gamers too

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There's a reason on why pro users have a love/hate relationship with Apple, especially when it comes to anything Mac related.

And gamers too
I've always told my idiot pc friends to buy macs because they are easier to use. They all love them. But for an experienced user, macs are fukking terrible. You can't even do basic stuff on it like sort by album title (I copy a lot of albums with Allavsoft). Don't even get me started on the terrible keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste :camby:

This thing better play real well with my Vision Pro, or otherwise it's getting sold

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, the Magic Mouse is complete utter trash. The Magic Trackpad is too. I don’t even know why people like Mac’s. I guess they are easy if you do basic shyt, but trash if you want to do anything substantial:camby:
apple-core-is-thrown-into-trash-food-wasteon-white-background-isolate-2GBBP54.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Had to return the magic mouse and magic trackpad. Absolute fukking trash. I'll just use a spare pc mouse. I'm keeping the magic keyboard though, because it has the fingerprint reader on it, which is nice.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If it wasn't for this Vision Pro, I woulda never bought this macbook shyt. I already regret it. My Vision comes early March, which is close to my 15 day return period. Oh well, I can always sell it at a loss, if I have to, if it doesn't play well with the Vision Pro :mjcry: