The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What do you want for it? Keep the waterblock, sell it separately. I would put the air cooler back on myself.
I'm raffling that shyt off. I probably don't have that much time left on this earth, so I'm gonna try to benefit somebody. And that somebody is the Coli :yeshrug:

Honestly, putting together a 4090 from a waterblock to stock is a lot of effort. It's probably not worth it. I'd keep that shyt if it had an active backplate water cooled solution, but with my current mobo, it was not possible. With my new mobo it is. I'm looking at overclocking that shyt like crazy (which I should, given I'm rocking 4kx2 now). If I was to sell you the 4090 without the waterblock and you were to put the normal shyt back on it, it would take like 2 hours. Not a humongous deal, but it's annoying.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm raffling that shyt off. I probably don't have that much time left on this earth, so I'm gonna try to benefit somebody. And that somebody is the Coli :yeshrug:

Honestly, putting together a 4090 from a waterblock to stock is a lot of effort. It's probably not worth it. I'd keep that shyt if it had an active backplate water cooled solution, but with my current mobo, it was not possible. With my new mobo it is. I'm looking at overclocking that shyt like crazy (which I should, given I'm rocking 4kx2 now). If I was to sell you the 4090 without the waterblock and you were to put the normal shyt back on it, it would take like 2 hours. Not a humongous deal, but it's annoying.
I did IT for a living. That type of stuff is nothing to me. That's cool, though. I'll get in on the raffle.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I did IT for a living. That type of stuff is nothing to me. That's cool, though. I'll get in on the raffle.
Yeah, you'll probably have no problem with it. It's not a big task; it just takes times. I'd rather raffle it off. That motherfukker who gets my shyt better be prepared for some watercooled shyt though. It's not a plug an play. fukk my brother for not willing to do that though :russ:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just spent $900 on fittings for my new build :francis:

I don't know exactly what I need, so I had to buy a ton of shyt. I'll probably have to buy more, depending on the loop config. Water cooling is expensive as hell :francis:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
shyt like that is why I haven’t ever messed with water cooling. It looks out of this world and you can’t argue against the thermal uplift but god damn it’s so much money, plus you gotta stay on top of maintenance, draining/replacing fluid, etc.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
shyt like that is why I haven’t ever messed with water cooling. It looks out of this world and you can’t argue against the thermal uplift but god damn it’s so much money, plus you gotta stay on top of maintenance, draining/replacing fluid, etc.
Yeah, so true. This is looking like a $10k build now :snoop:

I'm trying to get some custom mobo and gpu cables right now, but I have no idea the length I should get. I guess I'll just have to wait until it's built, but then that will mean another 2 week wait. I'm already looking at late Feb to get my EK shyt. I guess March it is :mjcry:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I just spent $900 on fittings for my new build :francis:

I don't know exactly what I need, so I had to buy a ton of shyt. I'll probably have to buy more, depending on the loop config. Water cooling is expensive as hell :francis:
What brand of fittings? Phanteks sell their own for real cheap. I use Barrow fittings in my build.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
For me, maintenance and upkeep is easy. I only usrd distilled water with anticorrisive and antimicrobial inhibitors which keep my shyt clear and cleansed for up to 2 years if i wanted it.

Its the prep that takes a ton of work - especially a new loop or new rads that have to be flushed thoroughly.

Thats why i dont fukk with rigid tubing and fittings like @Ciggavelli :umad:

Soft epdm black tubing with koolance quick disconnects make life so easy :ahh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What brand of fittings? Phanteks sell their own for real cheap. I use Barrow fittings in my build.
EK. I figure since I'm using EK waterblock, I should use their fittings. I've used them multiple times before on previous builds. I like em. :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just spend $231 on custom cables. I just guessed the length, but got longer than extra because my case is fukking huge.

Now I got everything bought. It's just a waiting game now. Hopefully I'll have everything by the end of February. Then I'll build one weekend in March

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For me, maintenance and upkeep is easy. I only usrd distilled water with anticorrisive and antimicrobial inhibitors which keep my shyt clear and cleansed for up to 2 years if i wanted it.

Its the prep that takes a ton of work - especially a new loop or new rads that have to be flushed thoroughly.

Thats why i dont fukk with rigid tubing and fittings like @Ciggavelli :umad:

Soft epdm black tubing with koolance quick disconnects make life so easy :ahh:
I use a premix with anticorrosive and micro-whatever protection. In my build from a few years ago, I didn't have to drain that shyt once, and it lasted 2 years.

Soft tubing is much easier, but it doesn't look as cool. I want my shyt to be an art piece (like the my first water cooled rig, with a custom painted cougar conquer case (shyt was super nice). This new case is large as hell, but I can't really custom paint it.