The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've been on this issue for hours now but I can't find a solution so I'm gonna ask y'all before I spend money.

My wifi adapter on my mobo (B550-F) just disappeared from the device manager under network adapters. No matter what I do I can't seem to activate the wifi. Been doing network resets, searching for and installing/uninstalling drivers.

When I go through adding hardware wizard and do a search it does nothing then it takes me to a list where I can pick it out which is Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz there's a few other drivers with the same but not matter what I pick to install I get a Code 31 :dwillhuh:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I've been on this issue for hours now but I can't find a solution so I'm gonna ask y'all before I spend money.

My wifi adapter on my mobo (B550-F) just disappeared from the device manager under network adapters. No matter what I do I can't seem to activate the wifi. Been doing network resets, searching for and installing/uninstalling drivers.

When I go through adding hardware wizard and do a search it does nothing then it takes me to a list where I can pick it out which is Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz there's a few other drivers with the same but not matter what I pick to install I get a Code 31 :dwillhuh:
You do the command prompt commands at the bottom of this?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Update: I guess the wifi adapter on my mobo is just cooked. :francis: I ordered a card that came in today and it picked up my router almost immediately at start up.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm getting a laptop and a monitor. I don't have room to put a desk for a desktop right now. Finna place the monitor on my table in the living room and call it a day until my girlfriend and I get our house together next year.
Not to derail, but buying a house or other major investment with a woman that's not your wife...you sure, breh :lupe:
I'm not really sure why I haven't tried NAS. I've never really even looked into it. I need to check it out. I still download tv shows and then put them on a portable hdd, which I then plug into my nvidia shield on my tv :flabbynsick:

I do have a very fancy audiophile grade music server though (Antipodes K50), which I let stream through my various rooms and to connect to my headphone dac and amps. I don't fukk around with my music at all. :hubie:
I got so wrapped up in moving and other life stuff, I didn't move the one I replaced a few months ago. If you want to fool around with it before deciding to get a big boy one, I can get it to you for the low.

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are there any cool things you can do entertainment wise with pcvr outside of gaming? I got a oculus quest 2 ive thats been collecting dust

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Been thinking about how steam is such a good deal that I been missing out on for years. Thinking about just getting a gaming computer as my next toy
Looking at MicroCenter prebuilts right now, look like aight deals and saw some Powerspec examples that were actually cheaper than buying the included components individually. Looks like the biggest con is the power supply which might not be that big a deal for me

I did some research on other prebuilt brands like Alienware, Consair, IBuyPower, and Maingear. But looks like MC got some of the best deals and actually has a physical location a couple miles away I can get support from if shyt go left

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Been thinking about how steam is such a good deal that I been missing out on for years. Thinking about just getting a gaming computer as my next toy
Looking at MicroCenter prebuilts right now, look like aight deals and saw some Powerspec examples that were actually cheaper than buying the included components individually. Looks like the biggest con is the power supply which might not be that big a deal for me

I did some research on other prebuilt brands like Alienware, Consair, IBuyPower, and Maingear. But looks like MC got some of the best deals and actually has a physical location a couple miles away I can get support from if shyt go left
Yeah I got a laptop from best buy and shyt has been a game changer for me. Since you on the go and travel a lot you may wanna look into a laptop.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Yeah I got a laptop from best buy and shyt has been a game changer for me. Since you on the go and travel a lot you may wanna look into a laptop.
Yea I was thinking about a laptop too but I just bought a Dell XPS (that's been trash compared to my work Macbook Pro) like a a year ago
I figured I just buy a full fledge desktop to get the most bang for my buck, I'm still researching though. I think I may just drive down MicroCenter to talk to someone about the pros and cons

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yea I was thinking about a laptop too but I just bought a Dell XPS (that's been trash compared to my work Macbook Pro) like a a year ago
I figured I just buy a full fledge desktop to get the most bang for my buck, I'm still researching though. I think I may just drive down MicroCenter to talk to someone about the pros and cons
shyt the laptop is legit to me. Plus I can still hook it up to a TV with an HDMI 2.1 cord and use it like a console if I need to. Gonna buy myself a $2000 TV that can actually do 144hz.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
shyt the laptop is legit to me. Plus I can still hook it up to a TV with an HDMI 2.1 cord and use it like a console if I need to. Gonna buy myself a $2000 TV that can actually do 144hz.
When you said it was a game changer you meant having access to Steam?
I was thinking about just getting a xbox but it seems like streaming Steam to the xbox is a trash experience, plus all the versions of games are just better on PC

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When you said it was a game changer you meant having access to Steam?
I was thinking about just getting a xbox but it seems like streaming Steam to the xbox is a trash experience, plus all the versions of games are just better on PC
Not only just Steam, but the portability of it. I be all over the place, I bring my laptop with me and play on my lunch breaks from work, bring it with me to my girls house. It's way easier to carry around than a console and as long as the laptop has an HDMI cord you can plug it into a TV anywhere to play it on the big screen and even capped at 60 FPS your still getting better performace and graphics than a console. Not to mention a MUCH larger library of games. I feel like I unplugged myself from the matrix switching to PC. I been watching Youtube tutorials on how to build a desktop and I'm already about to start buying the pieces soon. It's way better. Yeah it takes a little tinkering, but it really isn't that bad. Nvidia makes a good app called the GeForce Experience that is a great help with tuning your shyt. Bruh look into it. Not to mention if you build your rig right it will last you for years. Hell this laptop I have will be viable for at least 7 years. Also you could probably get your work done on this thing faster than your other laptop because it's that much more powerful.