The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I think I recall having a similar problem about 5 or 6 years ago. You could try reinstalling windows, all your data should get put in the Windows.Old folder somewhere on the C drive after install. See if it'll behave then. If it still acts up you might get just enough time to lift your old data, then you could try a new drive.
Alright I'll give that a try

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The last thing I did was windows update & I was trying/starting to update my 3060 drivers
oh.

Windows updates can be problematic in rare occasions.

That said, sometimes they will make a rollback point before they start the update, so an OS restore could conceivably help. Something definitely going on in the internals of the OS though. Blue screens with that error code could literally be anything, but having a point of failure tied to the updates could mean that rolling back to before them may be able to undo the damage they did.

Doubly-so if safe mode is helping. Means that whatever is causing the fault isn't integral to OS operation, which at least gives you the chance for a resolution without a full reimage. Hopefully.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
oh.

Windows updates can be problematic in rare occasions.

That said, sometimes they will make a rollback point before they start the update, so an OS restore could conceivably help. Something definitely going on in the internals of the OS though. Blue screens with that error code could literally be anything, but having a point of failure tied to the updates could mean that rolling back to before them may be able to undo the damage they did.

Doubly-so if safe mode is helping. Means that whatever is causing the fault isn't integral to OS operation, which at least gives you the chance for a resolution without a full reimage. Hopefully.
Sometimes that restore point doesn't actually get created. If safe mode is stable then I'd be moderately confident in an OS reinstall through the Control Panel, or at the very least some driver reinstalls.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Sometimes that restore point doesn't actually get created. If safe mode is stable then I'd be moderately confident in an OS reinstall through the Control Panel, or at the very least some driver reinstalls.
I've noticed Windows been shaky about them restore points for at least the last few years. Which is a weird choice to make, as their OSes seem to be getting less stable. Counterintuitive.

I'm hopeful for the bruh that the restore point exists.

But yeah... new OS image seems like the most salient solution, data notwithstanding.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Fromtrashware might have redeemed themselves when it comes to pc here with ac6. Basicslly getting a locked 120fps at 4k maxed out. Not a single stutter either :wow:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I haven't copied a CD in decades, and one of my older relatives asked me to copy a disc for him, what is a good, free program that I can use for this one time thing. I dont remember what I used to use highschool.