The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
the 4090 Was last bastion for these scalpers and they losing that too. U can basically get any 4090 minus the fe pretty easily at least a few times a day if u keep ur stock notifications on. If anyone cares to buy one at this time :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My CPU fried...can't even get into bios anymore :dead:

Return :hubie:

Got another one come tomorrow. My fans where backwards as well (I can never determine which way they will blow before putting them on. Why don't they just put an arrow on the side of the fan showing the air flow :beli:)

Hopefully my new extreme thermal paste will be good.

I've been playing Deathloop, and I'm hooked. I can't wait to finish it. I loved Dishonored 1 and 2, so I was anxious to play this game (same dev). It lived up to the hype :blessed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
My CPU fried...can't even get into bios anymore :dead:

Return :hubie:

Got another one come tomorrow. My fans where backwards as well (I can never determine which way they will blow before putting them on. Why don't they just put an arrow on the side of the fan showing the air flow :beli:)

Hopefully my new extreme thermal paste will be good.

I've been playing Deathloop, and I'm hooked. I can't wait to finish it. I loved Dishonored 1 and 2, so I was anxious to play this game (same dev). It lived up to the hype :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Now my psu isn't working :mjcry:

I know it's the psu, because the mobo posted on a different (but less powerful) psu.

This is the worst fukking build ever. I'm so disappointed with PC gaming right now :francis:

Edit: Can a bad psu fry my GPU and CPU? I have a Seasonic Titan 1000w TX Platinum. There should be protections, but I got a smoke like smell. I'm so demoralized :mjcry:

I've put a lot of money in this shyt, rebuilt it completely 3 times (and that's time consuming with a water cooled build), and this shyt is nothing but a disaster. I'm about to give up and cut my losses if this new psu doesn't fix this issue. This is fukking ridiculous. :beli:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bruhhh..... :francis:
It’s fukking outrageous. I’m not sure what else could go wrong. Now I’m worried my gpu is fried too. I can’t test it easily because of the water block. I just had to buy another $400 psu (on top of the $1000 mobo I had to repurchase). If my cpu got fried again I can’t return in to Amazon without raising suspicions. If this new psu doesn’t work, I’m calling it with this build and saving up for a Digital Storm pc. :hubie:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think it was a bad psu the whole time, or maybe a bad cable. I have no idea. It wasn’t the mobo, cpu or ram because it posted off another psu. Next up is the psu, and if it’s not that, it’s probably a bad cable. I really hope this faulty psu didn’t fry another cpu or my gpu.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I think it was a bad psu the whole time, or maybe a bad cable. I have no idea. It wasn’t the mobo, cpu or ram because it posted off another psu. Next up is the psu, and if it’s not that, it’s probably a bad cable. I really hope this faulty psu didn’t fry another cpu or my gpu.
I had the same issue 10 years ago. Kept replacing parts until it came down to the PSU. Then 2 years later my mobo died. Decided im done with upgrading parts every year and just go with a whole new build every 3 years. Quality in parts have fallen off

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Don’t power supplies come with insanely long warranty periods? It would seem to me that it would be best to go overkill on that and then just have it replaced if it craps out on you ahead of its time. I only really got into the PC shyt last year but it seemed odd to me that so many people would cheap out on their power supply. Not saying anyone here is doing that. Just something that seemed prevalent on YouTube.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Don’t power supplies come with insanely long warranty periods? It would seem to me that it would be best to go overkill on that and then just have it replaced if it craps out on you ahead of its time. I only really got into the PC shyt last year but it seemed odd to me that so many people would cheap out on their power supply. Not saying anyone here is doing that. Just something that seemed prevalent on YouTube.
Nah, I got a very high quality PSU. 12-year warranty, rated Titanium 80+. I read a ton of reviews and the Seasonic was the best I could find. I made no compromises with this build, but parts are occasionally bad. I just wish I woulda checked the PSU first. Luckily when it fried my CPU I could exchange it at Amazon, but if it fried this second 13900K I'm not sure Amazon is gonna be happy with that. What I'm really concerned with is that my 4090 got fried. My new PSU comes Monday, so we'll see. If my GPU is fried, I'm not sure I'm going to move forward with replacing them this time. It's just becoming a sunk cost now. So much money wasted.

This is my second water cooled rig. My first one was relatively pain free. I didn't have a problem with it at all. I never had to rebuild it or anything. On this new water-cooled rig, I'm going to be going on my 4th complete rebuild if this new PSU doesn't fix the problem. Side note: I've gotten a lot faster as building everything, which is a plus :russ:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Nah, I got a very high quality PSU. 12-year warranty, rated Titanium 80+. I read a ton of reviews and the Seasonic was the best I could find. I made no compromises with this build, but parts are occasionally bad. I just wish I woulda checked the PSU first. Luckily when it fried my CPU I could exchange it at Amazon, but if it fried this second 13900K I'm not sure Amazon is gonna be happy with that. What I'm really concerned with is that my 4090 got fried. My new PSU comes Monday, so we'll see. If my GPU is fried, I'm not sure I'm going to move forward with replacing them this time. It's just becoming a sunk cost now. So much money wasted.

This is my second water cooled rig. My first one was relatively pain free. I didn't have a problem with it at all. I never had to rebuild it or anything. On this new water-cooled rig, I'm going to be going on my 4th complete rebuild if this new PSU doesn't fix the problem. Side note: I've gotten a lot faster as building everything, which is a plus :russ:
Is it it cpu water cooled or GPU or both?

I mainly only use an AIO water cooler for the GPU.

I be seeing some systems built like a damn labatory with tubes of water cooling. Im like :whoa:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Is it it cpu water cooled or GPU or both?

I mainly only use an AIO water cooler for the GPU.

I be seeing some systems built like a damn labatory with tubes of water cooling. Im like :whoa:
Both cpu and gpu are watercooled. My first water cooled rig looked like a labratory for real, this new one is all straight lines (which was a lot easier to manage). Here’s a pic of it