The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I was looking at a Lian Li Air Mini to build in for my second system that I’m throwing in the living room. I ultimately decided to go with a 4000D airflow though because it was gonna be a bit cheaper. I gotta get myself a Lian Li setup at some point.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So I got my new mobo and I’m still having the same ram not being detected problem. I’m at a loss on what could be the problem. I guess I still have incompatible ram? What the fukk? I’m demoralized. :mjcry:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
So I got my new mobo and I’m still having the same ram not being detected problem. I’m at a loss on what could be the problem. I guess I still have incompatible ram? What the fukk? I’m demoralized. :mjcry:

Are you able to get into bios? if so, dig around in the advanced menus. I'm just spitballing here, perhaps it could be as simple as the mobo's bios isn't current enough to recognize them? I haven't ever done a bios flash on any of my rigs. that shyt is :lupe: status to me but at some point I'll have to get over that.

Anyway....

Best Lonely Man GIFs | Gfycat

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Are you able to get into bios? if so, dig around in the advanced menus. I'm just spitballing here, perhaps it could be as simple as the mobo's bios isn't current enough to recognize them? I haven't ever done a bios flash on any of my rigs. that shyt is :lupe: status to me but at some point I'll have to get over that.

Anyway....

Best Lonely Man GIFs | Gfycat
It won't even go into the bios :mjcry:

The CPU passes and then I get an error code 55 on the mobo and it says memory not detected :mjcry:

I guess I'll try a third set of ram and see what happens. Luckily my return window is still open on the 2nd set of ram I got.

I'll try flashing the bios tomorrow and see if that works. It didn't work on my first mobo, but it's worth a try. Thanks :cheers:

This shyt is annoying as hell :stopitslime:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It won't even go into the bios :mjcry:

The CPU passes and then I get an error code 55 on the mobo and it says memory not detected :mjcry:

I guess I'll try a third set of ram and see what happens. Luckily my return window is still open on the 2nd set of ram I got.

I'll try flashing the bios tomorrow and see if that works. It didn't work on my first mobo, but it's worth a try. Thanks :cheers:

This shyt is annoying as hell :stopitslime:
New modules and a new mobo? Maybe a CPU issue?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
New modules and a new mobo? Maybe a CPU issue?
New CPU too (I upgraded to the 13900k). I looked at the ram compatibility chart, and it looks like my ram my be incompatible when using 4 X 16. I made sure to get a set of ram now that is compatible (G Skill 2 x 32). Hopefully this will work now. If not, I'm returning the mobo (the odds of getting 2 bad ones seems crazy to me). I may get a new mobo model and water block entirely if this doesn't work.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Fastest time building a water cooled pc from start to finish :blessed:

It’s so much easier when you have already cut the tubes :russ:

I had a couple of unexpected leaks, but it’s dry now. I’m gonna run the pump all night to see if there are any slow leaks.

If all goes well, I’ll be set tomorrow :lupe:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Fastest time building a water cooled pc from start to finish :blessed:

It’s so much easier when you have already cut the tubes :russ:

I had a couple of unexpected leaks, but it’s dry now. I’m gonna run the pump all night to see if there are any slow leaks.

If all goes well, I’ll be set tomorrow :lupe:
Watercooling has always been one of those scary things to me. Because if it leaks can't it ruin your components? I know you're supposed to test your loops with the power off but I'd be too paranoid to put that on 1000s of dollars worth of parts

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watercooling has always been one of those scary things to me. Because if it leaks can't it ruin your components? I know you're supposed to test your loops with the power off but I'd be too paranoid to put that on 1000s of dollars worth of parts
I was paranoid too. Leaks are fine if everything but the water pump is turned off. You can get things wet then. You test it for a day and then you are good if you have no leaks

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Wow, the 13900k is insanely hot. I gotta get better thermal paste and rebuild again :mjcry:

80-90 degrees C stock when gaming should be fine in theory (it’s max is 110), but I don’t like it at all.

The 4090 is crazy good by the way. I’m so impressed with the performance.