The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
The rumors was right :wow: 3d v cache versions for the higher end chips too

960x0.jpg
fukk and I bought the 7900x in September

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
So correct me if im wrong here. The pinnacle of gaming is still in 1440p. Why are people quick to jump on 40xx cards when the 3000 series can eat up anything out? I understand if there was some breakthrough to resolution and graphics to make that upgrade, but I just dont see it yet.

Even 4k gaming is doable for non-competitive FPS games with a 3000 series card.

I legit dont plan on upgrading for another year as I have the 3090 card and it can handle anything out atm.

Am I missing something here?

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
So correct me if im wrong here. The pinnacle of gaming is still in 1440p. Why are people quick to jump on 40xx cards when the 3000 series can eat up anything out? I understand if there was some breakthrough to resolution and graphics to make that upgrade, but I just dont see it yet.

I legit dont plan on upgrading for another year as I have the 3090 card and it can handle anything out atm.

i don't plan on getting a 40 series either after their trash behavior. i think the 4090/4080 are the first 4k, ultra quality, triple digit fps cards for AAA games on the market and some people just want the best :yeshrug: i already feel like a sucker for copping an expensive 30 series card last near launch last gen and supporting these b*stards:mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

you shouldn't have to upgrade if you have a 3090. other people might have older cards, or their GPU might die. and yeah, some people always want the newest shyt, just because

even with all the shyt the 4000 series has been getting, they're still the best value in their price range. the supply of 'new' 3000 cards is drying up, and many are being sold by a 3rd party for scalper prices. and there's an inherent risk buying any used GPU

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps

Yeah u should wait for next generation. Ur card is all u need if ur not playing 4K

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

HAVENT PLAYED GAMES
IN OVER A DECADE...

I HAVE A GAMING LAPTOP
AND DESKTOP AND I USE BOTH
FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION...