The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I picked up a widescreen 144hz for 500 in the UK, its fukkin glorious breh I have RTX 3070. shyt is smooth as hell. Tbh I was almost panic/impulse buying as it was so much information out there and it was pretty daunting. As much as I'm happy with what I have there may be better deals out there for someone who knows what they are doing, and this was a year ago almost.

Definitely recommend a widescreen but depends on what games.. Lots are compatible but not all, I believe
I'm honestly considering buying an actual 4k monitor. But they run pretty expensive.
But I don't even feel on using my graphics card at the moment.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
I'm honestly considering buying an actual 4k monitor. But they run pretty expensive.
But I don't even feel on using my graphics card at the moment.

Why not use your card? True enough with the 4k monitor, how much you looking to spend?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Why not use your card? True enough with the 4k monitor, how much you looking to spend?
Im playing path of exile doesn't really demand that much of the gpu.
I Downloaded Outer Worlds just so I can try to get some use out of it.
I don't know about the monitor. I think I've spent enough money for time being.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
Im playing path of exile doesn't really demand that much of the gpu.
I Downloaded Outer Worlds just so I can try to get some use out of it.
I don't know about the monitor. I think I've spent enough money for time being.

Ah yeah ofc man, money tight at the moment anyway. Good luck though, that card will look crazy when it's finally in

morris

Superstar
Daps
question:

If I update my i7 motherboard for an i9, I will lose everything in my C/E drives, correct?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
question:

If I update my i7 motherboard for an i9, I will lose everything in my C/E drives, correct?
Motherboard? Do you mean cpu? If you swap out cpus, you should be fine. If you switch motherboards, then you gotta backup everything, create a system image and do a fresh windows install.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Chromax and the covers in place. looking much cleaner now. Don’t mind that dirty ass carpet :mjlit:

WbEnWQE.jpg