The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol:

He ain't white @Lord_nikon & he sure as hell ain't a teen either lol. He's one of the realest on this site

Knicksman20 wasn't saying he was white,, I was saying he sounded like a lil white kid,,,, like my previous post,, I hope the brother enjoy his VR experience, I know I am..... just played table VR tennis for an hour,,, man this shyt craxy and fun.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Anyone have any experience upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 pro? My 8.1 pro was pirated and i figured i'd just upgrade to windows 10 with a key i buy online since most new games require at least windows 10

However I was reading this article (old from 2015) from PCWorld that says I should be upgrading to windows 10 pro from 8.1 pro. Should I shell out the extra to get the Windows 10 pro key? I just wanna be able to do the upgrade without losing any data on my existing pc. Would going from 8.1 pro to 10 Home fukk things up?

There are a few key things to remember at this point. First, you want to make sure that you are upgrading to a version of Windows 10 that corresponds with your older Windows build. If you’re on Windows 7 Home Premium or plain old Windows 8.1, for example, you want to upgrade to Windows 10 Home. If you have a Pro version, you must upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

How to upgrade from pirated Windows to legitimate Windows 10

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Got a ROG Falchion mechanical keyboard last week. I never had a mechanical keyboard before and this thing is incredible:wow:

hAn9DpyF8N2ZoRRKA9ZhPE-1280-80.png

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Prime Gaming

Amazon Prime gaming free games for the month (January 2022):

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Origin
Total War Warhammer Epic Games
World War Z Aftermath Epic Games

Free For Amazon Games App

Paper Beast - Folded Edition
Farenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
WRC 7 FIA World Rally
Abandon Ship
In Other Waters
Two Point Hospital

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Mechanical is the only way ill go
I got a MX Keys for work mostly but I'm primarily using the Falchion until I get used to it.

Question for you all, I'm getting a Xbox controller so what's the recommendation for using a controller vs. a keyboard and mouse?

FPS - Keyboard and Mouse?
RPG - Controller?

I'm fairly new to all of this :patrice:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I got a MX Keys for work mostly but I'm primarily using the Falchion until I get used to it.

Question for you all, I'm getting a Xbox controller so what's the recommendation for using a controller vs. a keyboard and mouse?

RPG - Controller?

FPS definitely KB and mouse

Romell

Superstar
Daps

RPG - Controller?

Basically.

Depends mainly on personal preference, but KBM is def the only choice for FPS. I found Horizon Zero Dawn better on KBM while I played Jedi Fallen Order with the Xbox controller.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps

RPG - Controller?

Keyboard and mouse probably better but if u never used one it will take some time to get used to. Maybe a month or 2

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

RPG - Controller?

most cRPG type games (Divinity, Pillars, Wasteland, etc) are better with keyboard & mouse

I generally only use a controller for 3rd person and driving games. but if aiming is important in a 3rd person game, I'll use keyboard and mouse

sometimes I use both. I play Hitman with the controller, but grab the mouse when I use the sniper rifle