The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
When are we going to see the prices drop on these GPUs
This is the new norm. Get in where u fit in!
Next summer probably.
They have no incentive to bring prices down, people have already shown that they're willing to pay double and triple the price.
Nvidia isnt the one banking on the high prices :gucci: they still selling it regular price :gucci: its the scalpers and resellers hiking the price up, on all goods, not just video cards. The moment the chip shortage ends, so do resellers. Except for rare limited edition cards. But the normal 3070, 3060, 3080s etc will drop in price dramatically.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Next summer probably.

Nvidia isnt the one banking on the high prices :gucci: they still selling it regular price :gucci: its the scalpers and resellers hiking the price up, on all goods, not just video cards. The moment the chip shortage ends, so do resellers. Except for rare limited edition cards. But the normal 3070, 3060, 3080s etc will drop in price dramatically.
The ship shortage is not the only cause for the prices though. Crypto mining play a good part on this and as long as mining is profitable, prices will remain as high as they are IMO.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, is it worth to upgrade from a ryzen 5 2600 to a 5600X ? It's 300 bucks and I could sell the 2600 for around 100.

My mobo would just need an update and I read that it could give me a good bump on game performances with my current 1660ti.

I wanted to get me a new GPU but Ill probably wait for 2023 :mjcry: I think a 5600 should be pretty future proof price/performance wise.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The ship shortage is not the only cause for the prices though. Crypto mining play a good part on this and as long as mining is profitable, prices will remain as high as they are IMO.
Again from resellers. If you are on newsletters, etc, you still get video cards at retail price ($400-700). Tehy just sell out instantly :sadcam:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Again from resellers. If you are on newsletters, etc, you still get video cards at retail price ($400-700). Tehy just sell out instantly :sadcam:
I dont know how it is in the US but over here, even in specialized PC part shops the displayed prices are ludicrous. An in-stock 3060ti is between 900€ and 1k :picard:. And those are shops directly recommended by NVidia on their website.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I dont know how it is in the US but over here, even in specialized PC part shops the displayed prices are ludicrous. An in-stock 3060ti is between 900€ and 1k :picard:. And those are shops directly recommended by NVidia on their website.

And when the chip shortage is over that 3060ti will go down to $400.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm not convinced that it will.

the MSRP is $400. Thats the price nvidia set. When they become more available, thats the price they will be if you get it from an actual licensed retailer (newegg, microcenter, etc). Not from a PC building website (cyberPC, ibuildpower, etc. Those will have mark ups). Or you can also sign up for EVGA newsletter (the actual producer of a set of nvidia cards) and when they become available you can buy directly from them, for $400. You can do this currently, unfortunately bots snag them up instantly.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Next summer probably.

the MSRP is $400. Thats the price nvidia set. When they become more available, thats the price they will be if you get it from an actual licensed retailer (newegg, microcenter, etc). Not from a PC building website (cyberPC, ibuildpower, etc. Those will have mark ups). Or you can also sign up for EVGA newsletter (the actual producer of a set of nvidia cards) and when they become available you can buy directly from them, for $400. You can do this currently, unfortunately bots snag them up instantly.

MSRP is a fairy tale. Do you honestly believe the 4000 series will release at the same prices as the 3000 series? Even after the shortage is over people have proven they are willing to spend 2-3x the price.

Also yall (not you specifically just people in general) Keep moving the goal post. People said prices will come back down in 6 months. Then they moved it to a year. Now you specifically are saying next summer.

Mining will still be here next summer and there will be a entire new generation of cards for scalpers next summer. These prices aren't going anywhere. Cop a prebuild and keep it moving!

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, is it worth to upgrade from a ryzen 5 2600 to a 5600X ? It's 300 bucks and I could sell the 2600 for around 100.

My mobo would just need an update and I read that it could give me a good bump on game performances with my current 1660ti.

I wanted to get me a new GPU but Ill probably wait for 2023 :mjcry: I think a 5600 should be pretty future proof price/performance wise.
Depending on what resolution u play on. If u play 4K definitely not worth it. If u play 1440p u will see a noticeable difference but probably nothing too crazy. If u play at 1080p definitely get the new cpu, your frames will have a crazy boost

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Depending on what resolution u play on. If u play 4K definitely not worth it. If u play 1440p u will see a noticeable difference but probably nothing too crazy. If u play at 1080p definitely get the new cpu, your frames will have a crazy boost
Yeah I play at 1440. I tried playing at 4k but the framerate was disgusting :beli:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
MSRP is a fairy tale. Do you honestly believe the 4000 series will release at the same prices as the 3000 series? Even after the shortage is over people have proven they are willing to spend 2-3x the price.

Also yall (not you specifically just people in general) Keep moving the goal post. People said prices will come back down in 6 months. Then they moved it to a year. Now you specifically are saying next summer.

Mining will still be here next summer and there will be a entire new generation of cards for scalpers next summer. These prices aren't going anywhere. Cop a prebuild and keep it moving!
Mining been around for 10 years, this just new knowledge to you :rudy: has never effected msrp

when they can make more cards, and find a solution to bots buying cards instantly, prices will be normal.