The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This afterburner program is pissing me off. Why is this shyt greyed out? I installed the latest drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled afterburner, enabled the power settings in the app.

Can anyone help me ! :mjcry:

What do you mean greyed out

also if you want to the On Screen display while you are playing you have install Riva Tuner, it comes with the MSI afterburner download but you might not have checked it to install

RivaTuner (guru3d.com)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This afterburner program is pissing me off. Why is this shyt greyed out? I installed the latest drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled afterburner, enabled the power settings in the app.

Can anyone help me ! :mjcry:
did you enable hardware control in the options? and hit the padlock to unlock settings?

but in general it's probably not a good idea to overclock a laptop GPU. it's probably already pushing it's thermal limits

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Upgrades

z5bhHDf.jpg

5ayeAst.jpg

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
New pc been giving me hell for 2 weeks.

5600x
EVGA 3080 black
32 gigs of 3600 corsair vengeance pro
980 pro m.2, 1 tb ssd, and a 500 gb ssd all samsung
B550 Auros master
Custom loop using corsair hydro x and a gpu block from EK
10 QL120 fans
1000 watt psu gold rated from EVGA

First thing I did was update the bios before installing windows
Booted up, usb ports kept disconnecting. Looked it up, saw this was a thing. They claim the bios update was supposed to fix it. Well it didn't for me. I had installed all updates and the chipset. Still had no luck. Finally switched ports. Haven't had the issue since, knock on wood. But it's making me think windows didn't install correctly cuz I've been getting bsod'ed all week with the video scheduler message. I updated the gpu drivers and firmware. Sfc/scannow in the command prompt. Checked windows memory diagnostic. The whole nine. Games also crash. Like consistently. And at the start of some games, the screen goes black. Mainly assassins creed origins. Valhalla won't even play. This bytch giving me fits brehs :mjcry:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Damn man I was hoping this would be a good forum for troubleshooting but I don’t see many answers to people’s questions in here :mjcry:

Ive been dealing with a “.NET-BroadcastEventWindow” error that crashes my game. I’ve been unable to play my game fighting this crash for over a f*cking month brehs. I’ve googled myself to death at this point. Steam forums. Microsoft forums. GTA forums. I’ve been everywhere. Is anybody else familiar with this error and can help solve it :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn man I was hoping this would be a good forum for troubleshooting but I don’t see many answers to people’s questions in here :mjcry:

Ive been dealing with a “.NET-BroadcastEventWindow” error that crashes my game. I’ve been unable to play my game fighting this crash for over a f*cking month brehs. I’ve googled myself to death at this point. Steam forums. Microsoft forums. GTA forums. I’ve been everywhere. Is anybody else familiar with this error and can help solve it :ohlawd:

Sounds like a .Net framework issue. Try disabling in in windows feature

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Pretty much ready to just tap out and wipe my PC, Windows 10 and all. The most dreaded most final last resort :wow:
Try it. Most likely your motherboad is the issue and not drivers. B550 shouldn't need a bios update for newer amd 5000 cpus to operate.

If you have no luck with the fresh install. Rma the mobo. Try a different brand or even go x570? Its been out for two years and has had ample time to mature its bios.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Try it. Most likely your motherboad is the issue and not drivers. B550 shouldn't need a bios update for newer amd 5000 cpus to operate.

If you have no luck with the fresh install. Rma the mobo. Try a different brand or even go x570? Its been out for two years and has had ample time to mature its bios.

With all due respect wtf did you just say :dahell: all I understood was motherboard is the issue. But how, when it’s only a year old? :mindblown:?