The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Mostly posted for the segment on GPU supply chain goings-on, 1:10-4:12. Other good segments throughout like upcoming changes to Ethereum and the investment required, the entire Crysis trilogy is getting remastered, and Amazon's shift into playing Batman in the Dark Knight with their IoT wireless network.

@Phillyrider807 Noctua's air coolers are huge but they do the job well. I can't speak on watercooling options.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Anyone know what time the 3070 TI's come out tomorrow on newegg? gonna try and cop one asap.

Edit: 9am et

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I built a PC in 2015 and looks like it’s finally giving me problems. In the video below do y’all think is a power supply related issue or a motherboard failure? I wanted to hold off on building another PC until next year but also I would need to resurrect this to move some of my music production licenses anyway

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I built a PC in 2015 and looks like it’s finally giving me problems. In the video below do y’all think is a power supply related issue or a motherboard failure? I wanted to hold off on building another PC until next year but also I would need to resurrect this to move some of my music production licenses anyway

The way to determine PSU or MB is to try a known working PSU in it.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
So...someone from LG CNS, their marketing arm, got caught out there trying to bribe a reviewer so as to minimize impact on potential sales. :ufdup:

Full disclosure, I own two of the 27GP850 model and they are great monitors.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I'm pretty sure my motherboard has suffered a failure. With that being said, I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of just building a new one instead of buying a new motherboard because this was built in 2015. What would y'all do, and if I do go through with a new build would I ever be able to access my old system? I have the SSD the OS is on and the HDD for my storage. I make music and I'd rather deactivate my licenses on there if possible than go through each developer and hope they reset them.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm pretty sure my motherboard has suffered a failure. With that being said, I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of just building a new one instead of buying a new motherboard because this was built in 2015. What would y'all do, and if I do go through with a new build would I ever be able to access my old system? I have the SSD the OS is on and the HDD for my storage. I make music and I'd rather deactivate my licenses on there if possible than go through each developer and hope they reset them.

Yes, changing a motherboard does not effect your hard drive and what u have on it.