The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost double the price of the 3080 for 4 more vram? Is this a joke? That 3090 purchase :whew:

Nvidia probably salty as hell in retrospect that they released the 3080 at $699

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
My 5900x, x570 hero dark, 1tb nvme and 32gb ddr4 ram came in last week. Will take pics. But... the case its going in is really special...

:steviej:

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
I was close to picking out all the parts for my new PC, until I tried to find a graphics card for a few days and just couldn’t hit. Not even micro center by me had one. So I bought a sub $1k gaming desktop to hold me over until 2023.

Looking for hindsight advice: I copped a HP Pavilion gaming desktop at $100 off msrp. Came with a i5-11040 intel cpu, upgraded to the GTX 1660, upgraded to a 500W power supply, weak points are the obvious 256gb SSD that’s prolly slow as shyt and the RAM. Both are easily upgradable from what I can tell.

I was wondering how sustainable is the 500w PSU for future upgrades? Should I worry about cooling long term if I start playing AAA titles? How hard did I grief with the motherboard, especially since it wasn’t explicitly said what model it was?

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I was close to picking out all the parts for my new PC, until I tried to find a graphics card for a few days and just couldn’t hit. Not even micro center by me had one. So I bought a sub $1k gaming desktop to hold me over until 2023.

Looking for hindsight advice: I copped a HP Pavilion gaming desktop at $100 off msrp. Came with a i5-11040 intel cpu, upgraded to the GTX 1660, upgraded to a 500W power supply, weak points are the obvious 256gb SSD that’s prolly slow as shyt and the RAM. Both are easily upgradable from what I can tell.

I was wondering how sustainable is the 500w PSU for future upgrades? Should I worry about cooling long term if I start playing AAA titles? How hard did I grief with the motherboard, especially since it wasn’t explicitly said what model it was?
No ur going to have to change that PSU depending on what U upgrade to. If u go a i7 cpu or a GPU more powerful than a 2070 super u probably need to upgrade. 500W would really be pushing it.

With that GPU/CPU u will be around 60 frames in most games on medium settings. Depending on what u spent, I’d get a console.

how prices are right now, anything that’s less than like $1300 probably ain’t worth it.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
No ur going to have to change that PSU depending on what U upgrade to. If u go a i7 cpu or a GPU more powerful than a 2070 super u probably need to upgrade. 500W would really be pushing it.

With that GPU/CPU u will be around 60 frames in most games on medium settings. Depending on what u spent, I’d get a console.

how prices are right now, anything that’s less than like $1300 probably ain’t worth it.
I respect the opinion, i mostly play valorant/league of legends and already had a p5 so I didn't have to worry too much about a console. Just needed something to run valorant/LoL on near max settings to hold me over until the gpu market stop being fukking insane. Then I can open my wallet to enjoy the fruits of my hard work.

repped :salute:.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed: new build, had to settle for 1650 to last me until this supply shortage bullshyt is over.