The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Got my eVGA email to purchase the standard 3060 but it was the more expensive model ($390) waiting for that email for the cheap ($330) one. Not trying to drop $680 for the 3070 but it ain't looking good.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I still haven't been able to get a card and they raised the prices again:damn:

I was on board waiting for a drop with a Gigabyte 3070 for $620 but they just changed the price at Best Buy to $779:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I still haven't been able to get a card and they raised the prices again:damn:

I was on board waiting for a drop with a Gigabyte 3070 for $620 but they just changed the price at Best Buy to $779:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:
Got my 3070 gigabyte OC for $550 the week they dropped. Crazy they at 800

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I been trying to buy this Acer Predator CG437K monitor since the end of Feb and every time I order it, it never ships, I call the seller, and they say they don't have any in inventory and they don't know when they will :mjcry:

I'm on my fourth seller now :mjcry:

I just want to game at 4k with HDR and over 100 fps I aint asking for much :mjcry:

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I been trying to buy this Acer Predator CG437K monitor since the end of Feb and every time I order it, it never ships, I call the seller, and they say they don't have any in inventory and they don't know when they will :mjcry:

I'm on my fourth seller now :mjcry:

I just want to game at 4k with HDR and over 100 fps I aint asking for much :mjcry:
:francis: If you in DFW and willing to road trip it Microcenter in Houston has that in stock, I've seen them before in Ohio on display and they look good.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:francis: If you in DFW and willing to road trip it Microcenter in Houston has that in stock, I've seen them before in Ohio on display and they look good.

Microcenter in Dallas says it's not in stock :mjcry:. Might drive up there anyway though just to see:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Hiram Clarke
Nobodies buying anything in Houston right now other than gpus and a few cpus, if you make the trip sometime this week you can pick it up. 1 in stock.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
If you're trying to build and are still waiting for prices to adjust, don't. Waiting isn't going to improve your chances anytime soon. If there's a shortage in automotive, it will domino into everything else as chip-makers will always re-prioritize to carmakers first.

Code:
https://www.ft.com/content/7e5e2d0f-3aa4-412b-898c-15acda4adb2e

Samsung warns of deepening semiconductor shortage
Carmakers’ race to recover risks widening disruption to consumer and industrial chip supplies

Samsung Electronics has sounded the alarm over a “serious imbalance” in the semiconductor industry, the latest warning that a chip shortage disrupting carmakers threatens to spill over into the broader technology sector.

The signal from the Seoul-based group — the world’s biggest computer chip manufacturer and a linchpin in the global tech supply chain — came as governments and companies expressed concerns that shortfalls in the semiconductor market might slow the economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.

“There’s a serious imbalance in supply and demand of chips in the IT sector globally . . . It is hard to say the shortage issue has been solved 100 per cent,” Koh Dong-jin, co-chief executive who heads Samsung’s mobile business unit, said at a shareholder meeting on Wednesday.

Computer chip supplies have been tight since carmakers cut orders on weakening sales forecasts at the peak of the pandemic last year. Chip production capacity at many foundries — the factories that make chips on order — was swiftly reallocated to other sectors experiencing booming demand.

Volkswagen and General Motors were among the carmakers forced to curtail production because of the shortages. With the supply crunch not expected to ease until the second half of the year, some in the auto sector have called for improvements to the industry’s forecasting capabilities.

A massive storm in Texas last month that caused widespread power outages and forced some chipmakers in the state offline has threatened to exacerbate the supply situation. Japan’s Honda Motor said on Wednesday that it would suspend production at most of its facilities in the US next week because of the disruption. Samsung also said its foundry in Austin had not restarted production.

“While we are currently making efforts to resume operations as soon as possible, the process may require more time to reach normal levels as we inspect and reconfigure the facility,” Samsung said. Market research company TrendForce has cautioned that “an industry-wide effort” to accelerate automotive chip production risked slowing the delivery of semiconductors for other consumer electronics and industrial applications.

Still, Young Liu, chairman of Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer and Apple’s main assembly partner, said he had not yet seen a big chip shortage impact on clients. Recommended ExplainerCoronavirus economic impact Pandemic crisis: Global economic impact tracker “For certain customers, maybe they have rush orders, maybe they have demand better than expected, for them certainly [there is an impact],” Liu said. “[But] for our major customers, they planned well so there is no big surge in orders and those kinds of customers, they are doing fine.” Industry groups representing the semiconductor and carmaking sectors this week unveiled plans to jointly develop the domestic auto chip sector to prevent future shocks, a sign of longer-term changes in response to the shortage.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea this shyt ain't getting better no time soon. Anyone looking for a new pc go cop a prebuilt and keep it moving.

I actually just put my cousin onto this one the other day. A year ago this would of been a horrible price. But as of TODAY?? I honestly don't think u gonna get much better.

VYBE Stage 3 | MAINGEAR
Hugs my 3080 at msrp :wow: