The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Yes. But I do have my backup files on an external.
When I made the switch from ssd to m2 as my C drive, I used macrium reflect. Made a copy of the old drive on the new one and added an empty folder that simply said "new drive" so I knew which one to set as the boot drive, and that was it.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Newegg is using the GPU shortage to force people to buy unwanted product :snoop:
Product bundles and lottery games :snoop:
Why the heck would I buy some janky mobo and keyboard just for the chance at the video card I want :snoop:
American tariffs meet Chinese tactics :snoop:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Newegg is using the GPU shortage to force people to buy unwanted product :snoop:
Product bundles and lottery games :snoop:
Why the heck would I buy some janky mobo and keyboard just for the chance at the video card I want :snoop:
American tariffs meet Chinese tactics :snoop:

They been doing that for months. Best bet right now is to join a discord channel that has notifications for Best Buy restocks. They normally go live every other Tuesday. They just sell the cards. No bundles.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
They been doing that for months. Best bet right now is to join a discord channel that has notifications for Best Buy restocks. They normally go live every other Tuesday. They just sell the cards. No bundles.

Months? This is almost on the level of in-game lootboxes.

I'm in too many discord channels as it is :mindblown:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Any recommendations on a solid gaming laptop on some casual shyt? I lowkey wanna build a PC or buy pre-built but I aint in the mood right now. Got too much shyt going on so wanna keep it simple.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Any recommendations on a solid gaming laptop on some casual shyt? I lowkey wanna build a PC or buy pre-built but I aint in the mood right now. Got too much shyt going on so wanna keep it simple.

I personally wouldnt recommend any gaming laptop as its not worth it. But anything Alienware is good.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

If the main purpose for your rig is gaming a laptop just isn't worth it.

Prebuilts get a bad rep. Don't get me wrong it's always more cost effective to build your own but the way things are right now you might get a BETTER deal going the prebuilt way then paying scalpers for a gpu/cpu at this point.

I would say figure out your budget then go from there. But if gaming is your main purpose get a desktop bro.

If you don't mind the wait i would suggest going to https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/ and just keep a lookout daily there for some good local deals. Built 5 rigs last year for friends all from parts from this reddit. Saved about 2-250 per rig. But again times are VASTLY different right now and everyone is scalping now due to product shortages.

The good thing about pc gaming is the parts normally hold their own in value. You can get a prebuilt now and just upgrade/sell old parts at your own leisure. Like alot of other people in here i sold my gpu/cpu/motherboard and monitor for damn near the same or even MORE then i what i bought it for 3-4 years ago. (Again this is due to the product shortages we are experiencing right now)

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I personally wouldnt recommend any gaming laptop as its not worth it. But anything Alienware is good.

Respect. I was just thinking in terms of being mobile since I'm over my lady's crib a lot and short of a console (which is crazy right now), only so much a breh tryna be packing up every other night.