The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Move the card into my build bro :feedme:
full

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Got my money just sitting... Waiting for any store to have decent stock of the 3080...

Your best bet is to sign up for notifications from the nvidia store so when they get some you get an email. Probably the only way you getting MSRP price for them unless you luck out and they have some at your local best buy or whatever.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Moved back into the top spot and it's all working now. Installed EVGA Precision just now - never heard the fans from it - it updated the firmware and I hear goddamn hurricane and get hit with a jet blast of hot air :picard:. Thought I was about to die.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 intake fans in the front to pull cool air in the system

1 outake fan at the top to blow hot air out

1 intake fan on side of case to pull cool air in

2 outtake fans on the back to blow hot air out...really 1 fan since one is a radiator fan for my cpu cooler...

so i only ever have heat at the very top of my pc and it is instantly blown out the top and back of my pc...

it's not really the air flow of your case it's really about the direction of intake and outake for your fans...

you want your fans blowing in the natural direction of air...intake fans to blow cool air into your pc...that cool air to hit the hot air coming off your gpu...that hot air to rise, and a fan at the top to pull that hot air directly out of your pc...

now the top of my pc can get pretty hot if a game for a few hours... if you touched that top 120 mm fan you would probably think something was wrong with my pc...but that and the back of my pc are literally the only things other than my gpu that ever get over 50 degrees even in the summer.

All of my storage is SSD which helps alot. Mechanical hard drives can get very hot.

I always :scust: at these videos of people with these large cases and then these big giant outtake fans on the front of their pc while the cpu, ram, and gpu are toward the back. Almost none of that hot air is going to get close enough to those front fans to make it out of the pc. Those front outtake fans are pretty much doing nothing in that situation.

What case you running that has a place for side intake fans?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I might just spend 20,000 racks on some 3090s and start mining, you will make your money back faster because cyrpto is going on, so buy the time you mine the amount you spent on the rig you will probably have triple
Only if you can account the cost to your taxes. Buying directly is still the best option.