The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If the main purpose for your rig is gaming a laptop just isn't worth it.

Prebuilts get a bad rep. Don't get me wrong it's always more cost effective to build your own but the way things are right now you might get a BETTER deal going the prebuilt way then paying scalpers for a gpu/cpu at this point.

I would say figure out your budget then go from there. But if gaming is your main purpose get a desktop bro.

If you don't mind the wait i would suggest going to https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/ and just keep a lookout daily there for some good local deals. Built 5 rigs last year for friends all from parts from this reddit. Saved about 2-250 per rig. But again times are VASTLY different right now and everyone is scalping now due to product shortages.

The good thing about pc gaming is the parts normally hold their own in value. You can get a prebuilt now and just upgrade/sell old parts at your own leisure. Like alot of other people in here i sold my gpu/cpu/motherboard and monitor for damn near the same or even MORE then i what i bought it for 3-4 years ago. (Again this is due to the product shortages we are experiencing right now)

It would be multipurpose if anything. Game + school (programming, etc).

And yeah, that was the only reason I was gonna go prebuilt b/c I've been reading way too much about the scarcity of parts and ish. Ion really want know parts of that right now.

Like I said, it would be multipurpose but gaming would def probably be the primary for sure. Just dippin' my toes back in a world I had left a while ago.

I'ma have to check that sub-reddit out though and see what they talkin' bout.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Respect. I was just thinking in terms of being mobile since I'm over my lady's crib a lot and short of a console (which is crazy right now), only so much a breh tryna be packing up every other night.
Unless you insist on gaming, O would buy any cheap but not trash laptop to carry around, then build when parts are available at retail.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It would be multipurpose if anything. Game + school (programming, etc).

And yeah, that was the only reason I was gonna go prebuilt b/c I've been reading way too much about the scarcity of parts and ish. Ion really want know parts of that right now.

Like I said, it would be multipurpose but gaming would def probably be the primary for sure. Just dippin' my toes back in a world I had left a while ago.

I'ma have to check that sub-reddit out though and see what they talkin' bout.
Whatever you do, don't go with prebuilt. On top of them being overpriced, you also have to worry ablut the quality of the parts that are being used. Unless you're absolutely set on AMD, the only thing holding you back is the gpu situation. I'm personally going to go Intel and just keep hitting up my local MicroCenter until I can get a 3080:yeshrug:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
are they ever dropping this 3080 3090 wtf is going on
nikkas just designing shyt and then putting out pictures now?

It's only gonna get worse before it gets better. Alot of people are saying don't expect big shipments until march. Most of the factories are gonna be closed next month cause of Chinese new year.

I have a gigabyte 3080 on preorder since october and i still haven't received it yet.

I also signed up for the evga 3080 queue back in october and they still haven't reached me.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Whatever you do, don't go with prebuilt. On top of them being overpriced, you also have to worry ablut the quality of the parts that are being used. Unless you're absolutely set on AMD, the only thing holding you back is the gpu situation. I'm personally going to go Intel and just keep hitting up my local MicroCenter until I can get a 3080:yeshrug:

Not even a NZXT or Skytech? :patrice:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
The increase on msrp of parts is crazy.

The pc I just built would cost about 200/300 more if I built it today

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I was checking out the z590 motherboards being released from the usual companies like asus, gigabyte, msi and asrock.

Some are charging $1000-$2000 for their high end motherboards :martin:.

Mid tier is $500 :beli:.

:camby:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
6nrLbBl.jpg

6900 XT Red Devil.