The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This FE 3090 is one of the most amazing technological things I have EVER had in my life :gucci:

No fans spinning on idle and it sets at 28 degrees :gucci:

Ran it under full load for 3 hours and it topped out at 65 degrees.:gucci:

Just to fukk around I turned ALL of my case fans off and ran it under load for two hours and it never got over 68 :gucci:

Fans never go above 60% which for me is 1400 rpm. I had to use msi afterburner to force the fans to 100% just to see how loud they were. Fans at 100% were a lot quieter than fans in my asus 2080 ti blow style card at 40 % :gucci:

Usually I at least slightly undervolt my card and set a more aggressive fan curve but this shyt runs so cool aint no point.

Did get the 3 beeps issue every time I reboot but found a reddit post about turning csm off and it worked for me, only one beep now. And the 3 beeps weren't actually causing an issue, system ran under load just fine for hours.

shyts straight sorcery:gucci: I'm uncomfortable having a gpu this powerful :gucci:

shyt BARELY fit in my case to :mjlol: I seriously underestimated how large it is.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
This FE 3090 is one of the most amazing technological things I have EVER had in my life :gucci:

Just to fukk around I turned ALL of my case fans off and ran it under load for two hours and it never got over 68 :gucci:

Fans never go above 60% which for me is 1400 rpm. I had to use msi afterburner to force the fans to 100% just to see how loud they were. Fans at 100% were a lot quieter than fans in my asus 2080 ti blow style card at 40 % :gucci:

Usually I at least slightly undervolt my card and set a more aggressive fan curve but this shyt runs so cool aint no point.

Did get the 3 beeps issue every time I reboot but found a reddit post about turning csm off and it worked for me, only one beep now. And the 3 beeps weren't actually causing an issue, system ran under load just fine for hours.

shyts straight sorcery:gucci: I'm uncomfortable having a gpu this powerful :gucci:

shyt BARELY fit in my case to :mjlol: I seriously underestimated how large it is.

they killed it this gen. No point in getting an aib if u can find the fe. Doubt the higher power limits of some aibs will make much of a difference over clocked fps wise too

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Actually had to buy a sag bracket. Was staring at the card through my case all uncomfortable and shyt thinking it would tip over even though its screwed on.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
they killed it this gen. No point in getting an aib if u can find the fe. Doubt the higher power limits of some aibs will make much of a difference fps wise too

Yeah the FE 3090 cooler design is the best I have ever seen. I have been watching some videos where the FE is actually better than aftermarket cards.

However, those cards are quite a bit smaller, so you might have to settle for one of those types of 3090's then the FE one since the heatsink on the FE one is MASSIVE:mjlol:.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Actually had to buy a sag bracket. Was staring at the card through my case all uncomfortable and shyt thinking it would tip over even though its screwed on.

It weighs around 5 pounds and it's a heavy 5 pounds cause of the heatsink :mjlol:

My pc was noticeably heavier when I picked it up to put it back in place to install it :mjlol:

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps

My Uncle got his 3090 FE back in October. That bytch is big as fukk in person:merchant:

Watched him pull it out the box and hit the:picard:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

My case airflow must be horrible because your #s are great

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
My case airflow must be horrible because your #s are great

2 intake fans in the front to pull cool air in the system

1 outake fan at the top to blow hot air out

1 intake fan on side of case to pull cool air in

2 outtake fans on the back to blow hot air out...really 1 fan since one is a radiator fan for my cpu cooler...

so i only ever have heat at the very top of my pc and it is instantly blown out the top and back of my pc...

it's not really the air flow of your case it's really about the direction of intake and outake for your fans...

you want your fans blowing in the natural direction of air...intake fans to blow cool air into your pc...that cool air to hit the hot air coming off your gpu...that hot air to rise, and a fan at the top to pull that hot air directly out of your pc...

now the top of my pc can get pretty hot if a game for a few hours... if you touched that top 120 mm fan you would probably think something was wrong with my pc...but that and the back of my pc are literally the only things other than my gpu that ever get over 50 degrees even in the summer.

All of my storage is SSD which helps alot. Mechanical hard drives can get very hot.

I always :scust: at these videos of people with these large cases and then these big giant outtake fans on the front of their pc while the cpu, ram, and gpu are toward the back. Almost none of that hot air is going to get close enough to those front fans to make it out of the pc. Those front outtake fans are pretty much doing nothing in that situation.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Got everything in place, fought with it for half an hour to get it to POST. Finally POST, get to the BIOS, change my RAM speed, and now I can't get it to POST no more :skip:. Should have left shyt alone :beli:. Last time it acted like the GPU wasn't seated, well I didn't mess with it this time so that can't be the problem. I'll chase after it again tomorrow. Good news is, everything that is supposed to light up does, fans blow on the AIO. Little iffy about the sag on the 3090 but it should be fine. Just this last hurdle to jump over.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
You guys have any info on the 3070 TI ? There were some news a month ago but it's crickets since then. I think I'll settle for the one this year if prices become more reasonnable.

I might just spend 20,000 racks on some 3090s and start mining, you will make your money back faster because cyrpto is going on, so buy the time you mine the amount you spent on the rig you will probably have triple
What crypto would you be mining ? Thought that mining was only profitable for farms.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
You guys have any info on the 3070 TI ? There were some news a month ago but it's crickets since then. I think I'll settle for the one this year if prices become more reasonnable.

What crypto would you be mining ? Thought that mining was only profitable for farms.
There is no 3070 ti. Maybe a 3080 ti down the road.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I didn't know support for office 2010 in the last year in October. Smh.

I just activated my windows 10 key on my new PC build. I suppose I can't transfer my office 2010 over.

I'll have to either buy 365 or Office 2019.

I'm not paying the yearly subscription for Microsoft office.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Got everything in place, fought with it for half an hour to get it to POST. Finally POST, get to the BIOS, change my RAM speed, and now I can't get it to POST no more :skip:. Should have left shyt alone :beli:. Last time it acted like the GPU wasn't seated, well I didn't mess with it this time so that can't be the problem. I'll chase after it again tomorrow. Good news is, everything that is supposed to light up does, fans blow on the AIO. Little iffy about the sag on the 3090 but it should be fine. Just this last hurdle to jump over.
Feels like the chipset cooler is in the way, preventing full contact :francis:. I have it in the second slot and I'm able to POST and get to the BIOS. Installing Windows and when it's done I'll see about putting it back in the first slot.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Feels like the chipset cooler is in the way, preventing full contact :francis:. I have it in the second slot and I'm able to POST and get to the BIOS. Installing Windows and when it's done I'll see about putting it back in the first slot.

What's the verdict