The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I'm looking at RAM right now but no info has come out on what the 5900x is going to handle, I read somewhere that it's going to follow the same architecture and be solid at 3600Mhz C16 but then AMD said it's gonna be able to Overclock better than the 3000 series was able to.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any brehs in here have experience undervolting their GPU? Is it safe? Seems like it's the best way to run these ampere cards.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Picked up a pair of these
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-EI272UR-Pbmiiipx-Technology-DisplayHDR400/dp/B07W5JWRX8
Don't care about response time and all that nonsense honestly since I don't plan on any sweaty gaming. I did want 4Ks but that can come later. I'm at $1300 and still counting :mjcry:. I hope black friday comes through with the TV deals so I can upgrade that. Looking at 550ish for the Series X after tax, 550 for the 5900 (but I still want the 5950), however much the Asus Dark Hero is gonna cost, and then the GPU on top of that. Long way to go, hope nobody expects Christmas presents :skip:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
3090 has its advantages, it can overlock with getting hot, and it doesn't how to get loud to stay cool, because its so big
What are those advantages

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-EI272UR-Pbmiiipx-Technology-DisplayHDR400/dp/B07W5JWRX8
Don't care about response time and all that nonsense honestly since I don't plan on any sweaty gaming. I did want 4Ks but that can come later. I'm at $1300 and still counting :mjcry:. I hope black friday comes through with the TV deals so I can upgrade that. Looking at 550ish for the Series X after tax, 550 for the 5900 (but I still want the 5950), however much the Asus Dark Hero is gonna cost, and then the GPU on top of that. Long way to go, hope nobody expects Christmas presents :skip:
That’s the normal price, pick up an ultra wide unless you want 2 individual monitors for a particular reason.

Can’t find a actual good prebuilt at all
NZXT or Corsair
Everywhere else you will pay too much to get decent parts.
Code:
Wait for benchmarks.

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Can’t find a actual good prebuilt at all
Nzxt has the only prebuilts I would buy ( I did). shyt comes with a 2 year warranty on everything and all the parts are good parts that go at MSRP. The only extra your paying for is $100 for them to put it together, and $100 if u wanna count the Operating System since you could find it online for like $10 bucks.

I have no regrets with my shyt, I’ve upgraded a few parts since I bought it.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Any brehs in here have experience undervolting their GPU? Is it safe? Seems like it's the best way to run these ampere cards.

I under volt with AfterBurner. Makes it relatively simple. My previous case has some airflow problems and I did that to help keep the GPU cool.

I just kept the profile. 10c+ cooler is nice.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nzxt has the only prebuilts I would buy ( I did). shyt comes with a 2 year warranty on everything and all the parts are good parts that go at MSRP. The only extra your paying for is $100 for them to put it together, and $100 if u wanna count the Operating System since you could find it online for like $10 bucks.

I have no regrets with my shyt, I’ve upgraded a few parts since I bought it.
I want one of them new cards but i know damn well they are gonna be out of stock for a bit

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are those advantages

That’s the normal price, pick up an ultra wide unless you want 2 individual monitors for a particular reason.

NZXT or Corsair
Everywhere else you will pay too much to get decent parts.

Wait for benchmarks.

It was available to purchase

the build quality is better than AIBs, and the card will return its value for years so you can always sell it and get your money back