The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Bruh.....I just somehow bought a founders 3090 off best buy. Actually put in my credit card and everything and got a receipt. What is life. Shout out to the breh that dropped that discord.
tenor.gif

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the way, for my brehs who are on Discord and trying to grab one of these GPUs (like now), join this server

Join the ATR/Tech In-Stock Tracking Discord Server!

They're good about finding straight to checkout links (to avoid captcha) and they're tracking a ton of websites. You'll get notified whenever one goes into stock.

Shyt coming next week. Thanks breh. Card overpriced as fucck but damn :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn what kinda temps you getting vs your settings?
Damn what kinda temps you getting vs your settings?

I don't think it over goes over 70, I was cleaning my case so I had it open, and touched the surface shyt was hot as hell not burn your hand hot but I'm like damn with use I can see the electronic components wearing down or maybe thats just how the back plate is suppose to be it was the first time I ever touched a GPU with it on

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it over goes over 70, I was cleaning my case so I had it open, and touched the surface shyt was hot as hell not burn your hand hot but I'm like damn with use I can see the electronic components wearing down or maybe thats just how the back plate is suppose to be it was the first time I ever touched a GPU with it on

I’ve never touched one while working but just knowing how much heat is coming out of the case in general I’d imagine it would be hot to touch. I have heard some conflicting theories about whether the new design is good for the rest of the components, but most agree as long as you have good air flow to get it out of the case it should be good. Sub 70 at load is damn good tho :pachaha:especially for the power draw. Is your overall performance up to snuff?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve never touched one while working but just knowing how much heat is coming out of the case in general I’d imagine it would be hot to touch. I have heard some conflicting theories about whether the new design is good for the rest of the components, but most agree as long as you have good air flow to get it out of the case it should be good. Sub 70 at load is damn good tho :pachaha:especially for the power draw. Is your overall performance up to snuff?

With this new driver update, everything seems quiet and cooler, I'm playing horizon 100fps its a 64 degrees this is with almost every turned up, back plate has a hell, I never touched my 1080ti but it never got hot in the settings rise, but I guess anything that's 64 degrees will be hot if you touch it lmao

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Shyt coming next week. Thanks breh. Card overpriced as fucck but damn :snoop:
Buy a 3080. If you are only gaming, there’s no need to buy the 3090.

Even in workloads where 24GB should give it an advantage, it doesn’t over the 3080.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buy a 3080. If you are only gaming, there’s no need to buy the 3090.

Even in workloads where 24GB should give it an advantage, it doesn’t over the 3080.

pretty sure he would if he could get one, he got lucky getting the 3090 from best buy lmao

people buying 3080s for 1400 on ebay lmao, he could sell his 3090 for 2500 and get his 3080 for free