The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont see why it wouldnt.. I have never had to turn the settings down on my 2080

but the 2080ti right now can play just about every game out at ultra settings, why are we trying to make it like this new card is that much better? They say its technically better but really? is it a noticeable difference?

It's not the better, it's that it's better and significantly cheaper MSRP. Idk what used prices are but I'd rather cop the new cheaper card that can also run everything and the fact that it's better at all means it's more valuable at a lower price. shyt even if performance were exactly the same it's still cheaper and more future-proof But like I said that's also contingent on 2.1 features. I'm tryna get on that ASAP. But I don't really have that decision to make I'm in the same boat as you I already got the ti :russ: I'm tryna move up to 90. I'm never the one to act like an old card doesn't work just because the new card came out, but for a new customer that matters. Why pay at the least almost the same price for a used 2080ti instead of buying a new 3080 unless you have to?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im seeing bids as high as 10k for the 3080 on ebay :snoop:

no wonder these reseller try to buy everything up

I'd do it to had I known morons would pay this much for a $700 gpu :heh:

Ppl sold off those cards already thinking today was finna be a breeze :mjlol: how stupid would you feel paying 10k for a GPU instead of waiting any amount of time :dead: I'll grab RDNA2 before I shell out any extra.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Can somebody explain why hdmi 2.1 is so important? I thought everybody used display ports?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No one has actually said they hit on these. But they already reselling on Ebay. It’s definitely bots. People didn’t even get notified.
a few people i know got preorders in yesterday when newegg listed the MSI cards early but I havent seen a single person say they got a order in this morning and im on like 7 different forums

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
how does one go about getting a bot

can you buy them?

fukk that,im not trying to miss out on the 3090s next week

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

:huhldup: Literally no excuse for that one I think they gotta make a statement. If this were a game console they would be in big fukkin trouble with the public with this kinda tactic

Wow :yeshrug: this is why I don’t do day one release hype. It’s all bullshyt. I bet that 3090 has plenty of stock next week.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow :yeshrug: this is why I don’t do day one release hype. It’s all bullshyt. I bet that 3090 has plenty of stock next week.

That's real pathetic. There is nothing to compete with. 3080 and PS5 not in direct comp. AMD is way around the corner. If you don't have the units, push it back :dahell: if you do, that's lower than low

And yet I'm still going for that damn 3090 :wow: