The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
how you feel about that nzxt h1 mini?
Had no clue what were referring to so I googled and holy hell. That is one efficient enclosure. Not a fan of small form factors - but i really like the design. Especially the one that includes the 140mm liquid cooled AIO and power supply. The way they implemented the graphics card mount next to the ventilated chassis is brilliant as well. Pulling in fresh air and not dependent on air circulation.

I think if you're going itx. This is a no brainer.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Had no clue what were referring to so I googled and holy hell. That is one efficient enclosure. Not a fan of small form factors - but i really like the design. Especially the one that includes the 140mm liquid cooled AIO and power supply. The way they implemented the graphics card mount next to the ventilated chassis is brilliant as well. Pulling in fresh air and not dependent on air circulation.

I think if you're going itx. This is a no brainer.
check out this dudes channel. the case was a limited sale, might come back after the rona. but bruh....he fit a waterboard in it. it can support a 2080ti :wow:

its an itx channel, its his personal laptop, thing is the size of a lunchbox. :wow:

since I can't get this, nor the ncase (they dont ship here due to rona), the only case left is the nzxt mini, which is the biggest out of the 3 but is the cheapest.

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
both that dudes pc and this digital storm spark (both obsolete) are the smallest water cooled pcs ive ever seen. they even watercool the gpu insane
0:27

Running a few ITX builds myself. One with Nouvolo Steck in white and a black watercooled Raijintek Ophion connected to an external Mora3 radiator. Quick disconnects give me the best of both worlds.Going to eventually jump to either the Sidearmd T1 or an Ncase when I get a chance.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
how you feel about that nzxt h1 mini?
I recommend it, easy to build in - you can build inside of this case in 20 minutes.. It's not the ghost s1 or a dan case - small footprint case but not portable.

My complaints - the io shield location, pick up a motherboard with movable wifi antennas and be careful regarding thick cables will bend alot.

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I recommend it, easy to build in - you can build inside of this case in 20 minutes.. It's not the ghost s1 or a dan case - small footprint case but not portable.

My complaints - the io shield location, pick up a motherboard with movable wifi antennas and be careful regarding thick cables will bend alot.
wait so the nzxt mini is not something I can fit in a big campers style backpack? :ohhh:
Running a few ITX builds myself. One with Nouvolo Steck in white and a black watercooled Raijintek Ophion connected to an external Mora3 radiator. Quick disconnects give me the best of both worlds.Going to eventually jump to either the Sidearmd T1 or an Ncase when I get a chance.
the sidearm T1....for now....is discontinued. things may change after the rona. If I lived in the U.S I would get that ncase, I mean I guess I could always have it shipped to my U.S home, then have my folks ship it to me via DHL. I may go that route if the nzxt isn't portable. i travel alot, need something I can stuff in my backpack along with my display, take on a plane, and set up easy in a hotel. also need it watercooled cause i live in a super hot and humid region.

I was just playing saints row on my alienware laptop, and after about an hour and a half it started hitting 90C and I have the AC on and undervolting :damn: (to be fair my cooling pad is broken, but still)

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Seriously I need yall help. I have two cheap monitors now and I am seriously looking for a good ultrawide under 1k. whats yall opinions of ultrawide vs two regular screens for gaming?

this one looks good or nah?
Also how important is HDR?

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
wait so the nzxt mini is not something I can fit in a big campers style backpack? :ohhh:

the sidearm T1....for now....is discontinued. things may change after the rona. If I lived in the U.S I would get that ncase, I mean I guess I could always have it shipped to my U.S home, then have my folks ship it to me via DHL. I may go that route if the nzxt isn't portable. i travel alot, need something I can stuff in my backpack along with my display, take on a plane, and set up easy in a hotel. also need it watercooled cause i live in a super hot and humid region.

I was just playing saints row on my alienware laptop, and after about an hour and a half it started hitting 90C and I have the AC on and undervolting :damn: (to be fair my cooling pad is broken, but still)
Not the case for it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just a PSA, that new nVidia driver that was released a few days ago completely fukked up a few games for me with constant stuttering :snoop:

I rolled it back and it seems to be better for the moment. Seems like Ubisoft games were the ones most affected so if you're having issues, maybe try that.