The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Daps
@Ciggavelli Are you familiar with Audio Science Review? They use actual measurements to determine the quality of audio equipment. I have a Schiit DAC and amp which are (or were) highly regarded at their price point but this website exposed them and Schiit apparently had beef with the site for showing their true measurements. Then they released products that measured better after that. It's a good site to check before you buy any equipment.

Master Index of Audio Hardware Reviews

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli Are you familiar with Audio Science Review? They use actual measurements to determine the quality of audio equipment. I have a Schiit DAC and amp which are (or were) highly regarded at their price point but this website exposed them and Schiit apparently had beef with the site for showing their true measurements. Then they released products that measured better after that. It's a good site to check before you buy any equipment.

Master Index of Audio Hardware Reviews
Nice! Thanks for the link

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got it working, but I don't know how.

I uninstalled the 3.0 drivers, restarted my PC a few times, downloaded a couple driver booster type programs, and made sure the cable was connected fully to the motherboard.

Hopefully I'm good, shyts annoying, cause it was working fine then boom, nothing

Restart my computer because I had to update my GPU drivers, and of course the USB3.0 port stops working again after reboot.

I'm tired of opening up this case and messing with cables for this damn port, shyt is annoying as fukk. I hate restarting my PC right now, because it's always some little annoying tedious shyt going down right after I do it.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Restart my computer because I had to update my GPU drivers, and of course the USB3.0 port stops working again after reboot.

I'm tired of opening up this case and messing with cables for this damn port, shyt is annoying as fukk. I hate restarting my PC right now, because it's always some little annoying tedious shyt going down right after I do it.

Maybe it's a good time for an upgrade :francis:

What are your system specifications? :jbhmm:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe it's a good time for an upgrade :francis:

What are your system specifications? :jbhmm:
i5-3570k
RX580
Asus P8Z77-V LX

I've had this CPU and MOBO for 7 years now, and I just got the 580 a few weeks ago
:sadcam:

It's def time, just have to put the money to the side. Is it even worth upgrading this unit or just building a new one that's future proofed
:jbhmm:

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
i5-3570k
RX580
Asus P8Z77-V LX

I've had this CPU and MOBO for 7 years now, and I just got the 580 a few weeks ago
:sadcam:

It's def time, just have to put the money to the side. Is it even worth upgrading this unit or just building a new one that's future proofed
:jbhmm:

This mobo is well known for issues with faulty usb ports, not to mention that this is a pretty old build that is not worth upgrading anyway :francis:

RX580 is fine, you can keep it. Just make sure you come to zen gang next time, great value for money with an excellent performance ratio :ehh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This mobo is well known for issues with faulty usb ports, not to mention that this is a pretty old build that is not worth upgrading anyway :francis:

RX580 is fine, you can keep it. Just make sure you come to zen gang next time, great value for money with an excellent performance ratio :ehh:
That's what I'm thinking too. Just make a new build sometime in the next few months and go all out with it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just took the plunge to 21:9 land brehs. Got that Ultrawide QHD MSI Optix 34" curved bad boy. shyt is nice. I was worried about performance but I'm still getting nice performance in games(90fps+ in Gears 5 multi) at 3440x1440P.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just took the plunge to 21:9 land brehs. Got that Ultrawide QHD MSI Optix 34" curved bad boy. shyt is nice. I was worried about performance but I'm still getting nice performance in games(90fps+ in Gears 5 multi) at 3440x1440P.
Didn't you just buy another monitor a couple of weeks ago. How do you have space for all this :gucci:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lol I returned the one I had. I'm just using a 34" ultrawide now. The 32" widescreen was big and nice but this ultrawide is :wow:
How's the game support for it. You kinda got me wanting one now...after wanting the same one you bought a few weeks back :beli:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How's the game support for it.
So far I've tried Gears 5, Yooka Laylee, Destiny 2, etc. they all work fine. Most games work, some you need to google for a workaround but I haven't had any issues so far where the game didn't work at all.

You kinda got me wanting one now...after wanting the same one you bought a few weeks back :beli:
Lol, I'm not returning this shyt at all. I only bought it because I really wanted UW but thought I'd probably need to do a GPU upgrade as well.

Last edited: