The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Unless you play every game, there's really no excuse to not have Game Pass.
Dishonored 2; Wolfenstein 2, Sunset Overdrive, Metro Exodus, Outer Worlds, etc. :wow:
Not to mention, we'll get Psychonaunts 2 and Ori 2 next year.
All of the above for $5/month :damn:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anybody ever have issues with their USB 3.0 ports not working?

I'm looking at all of the ports in the Device Manager screen and I see one that has an error. I go to fix it or update its drivers, and it says it's up to date. My external capture card needs a USB 3 port to work so this shyt is irking me. I have three 3.0 ports and none of them are working.

Any suggestions?

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Anybody ever have issues with their USB 3.0 ports not working?

I'm looking at all of the ports in the Device Manager screen and I see one that has an error. I go to fix it or update its drivers, and it says it's up to date. My external capture card needs a USB 3 port to work so this shyt is irking me. I have three 3.0 ports and none of them are working.

Any suggestions?

Win 10?

When it started?

I had some issues with usb 3.0 and 3.1 when i was on 7 due to ryzen not being officially supported by this.

Workarounds:

Uninstall all your usb drivers and try to reinstall the latest motherboard chipset drivers available; Also, skip the automatic driver update feature :scusthov:

Or, install driver booster to see if there is a newer version including other components that may conflict with your usb controllers.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Win 10?

When it started?

I had some issues with usb 3.0 and 3.1 when i was on 7 due to ryzen not being officially supported by this.

Workarounds:

Uninstall all your usb drivers and try to reinstall the latest motherboard chipset drivers available; Also, skip the automatic driver update feature :scusthov:

Or, install driver booster to see if there is a newer version including other components that may conflict with your usb controllers.
I got it working, but I don't know how.

I uninstalled the 3.0 drivers, restarted my PC a few times, downloaded a couple driver booster type programs, and made sure the cable was connected fully to the motherboard.

Hopefully I'm good, shyts annoying, cause it was working fine then boom, nothing

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Coli brehs I need help:francis:
I need a good gaming headset:feedme: Iโ€™m more interested in wired connection...theirs too many ones I can pick:gucci: I need something thatโ€™s less then $100:feedme:
Call of duty is coming out soon and I need a good headset to talk shyt:mjgrin:
I just bought the hyperx cloud flight wireless headset and it's fire. Wireless >>>>> but it's like 135$. Worth it imo

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've been changing hobbies, moving on from gaming and on to audiophile musical equipment. I came across something that I thought was pretty cool. I got a power conditioner for my tube amp, and some relatively cheap audiophile cables. It really cleared up the background noise on my headphones (you gotta hear it to understand). I plugged in my 4K, 144hz ASUS monitor into the power conditioner, and bought another relatively cable to go from my PSU to power conditioner. You're probably not going to believe this, but my monitor got so much better. Clearer, deeper blacks, less fuzziness, brighter, more vivid colors, etc. It's actually mind-blowing how much better my monitor looks with the power conditioner and new high grade cables.

I bought this combo (which is on the low-end of power conditioners and cables specturm):

Furman Elite-15 PF i 13-Outlet Linear Filtering AC Power Source ($485)

Audioquest NRG-Y3 US Power Cord Low-Distortion 3-Pole Power Cable 2 Meters ($150)

Now, I'm sure many of you are gonna be like, nah, no way...it's digital to digital, how can it make a difference? I thought the same. But, it really does make a difference. I'm about to buy another power conditioner and set of cables for my LG 4K OLED TV.

It's definitely worth the extra money in my mind. :ehh:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I've been changing hobbies, moving on from gaming and on to audiophile musical equipment. I came across something that I thought was pretty cool. I got a power conditioner for my tube amp, and some relatively cheap audiophile cables. It really cleared up the background noise on my headphones (you gotta hear it to understand). I plugged in my 4K, 144hz ASUS monitor into the power conditioner, and bought another relatively cable to go from my PSU to power conditioner. You're probably not going to believe this, but my monitor got so much better. Clearer, deeper blacks, less fuzziness, brighter, more vivid colors, etc. It's actually mind-blowing how much better my monitor looks with the power conditioner and new high grade cables.

I bought this combo (which is on the low-end of power conditioners and cables specturm):

Furman Elite-15 PF i 13-Outlet Linear Filtering AC Power Source ($485)

Audioquest NRG-Y3 US Power Cord Low-Distortion 3-Pole Power Cable 2 Meters ($150)

Now, I'm sure many of you are gonna be like, nah, no way...it's digital to digital, how can it make a difference? I thought the same. But, it really does make a difference. I'm about to buy another power conditioner and set of cables for my LG 4K OLED TV.

It's definitely worth the extra money in my mind. :ehh:

I have some experience in audio engineering. What you say is true about cabling. But for the price of that one cable and linear device you could have got a bunch of high quality ac cables and a power conditioner that does the same thing pretty much. But if you got it why not, that's some high end shyt there.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
These new chipsets need to come out already, it's PC building season
:noah: I'm ready

@Ciggavelli do you feel slighted at what they did to skylake lineup. I'm seeing people selling 7980xe and 9980xe for 800 dollars :damn:

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
These new chipsets need to come out already, it's PC building season
:noah: I'm ready

@Ciggavelli do you feel slighted at what they did to skylake lineup. I'm seeing people selling 7980xe and 9980xe for 800 dollars :damn:
Yes, but it is what it is :francis:

But yeah, I'm excited about PC building season as well. I'm going to try and make an audiophile pc...silent, filters everywhere, USB re-generator, clocks, etc. :blessed:

Once that 3080ti comes out, I'm gonna completely revamp my gaming rig. :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If anybody is interested, this is what I'm rocking for my audiophile components at the moment.

(not my pictures, btw)

Headphone Amp: Woo Audio WA33.

WA33 Fully-balanced Headphone Amp/Preamplifier โ€” Woo Audio
WA33.jpg

DAC: Chord Hugo TT2 with M-scaler

KT Radio
danacable-nirvana-37.jpg

Headphones : Focal Utopia and Abyss AB 1266 Phi TC

Focal Utopia
71ynnGygu0L._SX466_.jpg

// ABYSS AB-1266 Phi TC Audiophile Reference Headphone
ABYSS_Phi_TC_1266_1024_x1024_620x.jpg

Cables:

SOtM BNC (2x)
dCBL-BNC Cable
dCBL-BNC_1H_1024x1024.jpg

Danacables Power Cord, XLR interconnects, usb and headphone cables
Danacable โ€“ Marketed Exclusively Worldwide by Gingko Audio, Inc.

powerforce_01-768x512.jpg

trustream_02.jpg

sapphire_05.jpg

utopia_01.jpg

Also, chasing the best quality sound is almost a spiritual experience. When you upgrade a component and it is noticeably better, it's a combo of :mjcry: and :blessed:

Last edited: