The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gaming Headsets? :jbhmm:

audiophile grade headphones? :jbhmm:

Headset :hula: Audiophile

How about both? :ohhh:

LCD-GX-ProductShot_3QHanging_2_1200x.jpg

LCD-GX

:whoo:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Everything he posted was like 20-40K :russ:

I want those focal headphones, but that price for headphones. It's like convincing me to buy a jaeger :gucci:
Those Abyss headphones are the best headphones in the world. Better than the Focals :ehh:

yeah, I was looking at my computer desk and adjacent desk, with all my audiophile shyt a few days ago and was, that’s a 3-series :russ:

the sad part though, that’s not even touching a lot of audiophile folks I interact with. They’re spending $30K on speakers alone. A few have bought the dSC Vivaldi stack, which is $70K just for a dac, CD player, upscaler and clock :damn:

this audiophile shyt is crazy. A couple of years ago I was like $1K for some headphones? Nah, :dead:

Now I got a $4K pair of utopias and a $5K pair of Abyss TCs :dead:

I wanna jump on that 2 channel wave, but you need like $20K to play with for anything good :picard:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Those Abyss headphones are the best headphones in the world. Better than the Focals :ehh:

yeah, I was looking at my computer desk and adjacent desk, with all my audiophile shyt a few days ago and was, that’s a 3-series :russ:

the sad part though, that’s not even touching a lot of audiophile folks I interact with. They’re spending $30K on speakers alone. A few have bought the dSC Vivaldi stack, which is $70K just for a dac, CD player, upscaler and clock :damn:

this audiophile shyt is crazy. A couple of years ago I was like $1K for some headphones? Nah, :dead:

I wanna jump on that 2 channel wave, but you need like $20K to play with for anything good :picard:
They are even more expensive :unimpressed:

I know I used to surf audophilestyle when I used to flip server/etc stuff in highschool/early college. The best/worse part - those 5K headphones will sell for 3K used.

All of you are crazy :russ:

The real question is what was the experience that started this?

Take a look at evga ceo - he has a room designed just for this hobby

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They are even more expensive :unimpressed:

I know I used to surf audophilestyle when I used to flip server/etc stuff in highschool/early college. The best/worse part - those 5K headphones will sell for 3K used.

All of you are crazy :russ:

The real question is what was the experience that started this?
Well, I read all types of tech news. I wanted some high quality headphones and actually asked @Responsible Allen Iverson for some suggestions under $1K. He’s like buy the Audeze LCD-2s. I was like ok. Then I needed and amp. So I got a solid state for like $300 then bought a tube amp for $2K. Then I’m like, everybody says the best headphones are Focal Utopias. They cost $4K, what do they sound like?:jbhmm:

I went on audiogon.com and purchased some new ones from a dealer for $2750 (in the audiophile world, you need a good dealer). Then I was like, eh, they could sound better. So I got a Chord dac. Then I was like, they could be better and I bought the TT2 dac for $5700. Then I was like, it could be better and I bought the M-Scaler upscaler. Then I was like, shyt, I got all this power let’s get some hard to drive cans. That led to the Abyss TCs. Then I was like it could be better and bought the Woo WA33. Then I was like it could be better and I got custom cables. Now I’m happy, but who knows what’ll happen in the future :dead:

that dCS Bartók looks nice ($15k though :snoop:).

Realistically I think I’m gonna go with a TToby amp, some B&W speakers, custom cables and some nice stands next year. That’s the plan at least :yeshrug:

this audiophile shyt is addictive as hell though :francis:

edit: just saw the EVGA ceo audio room :wow:

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Thinking about picking up an RTX 2060, looks like a middle of the road card and not as expensive as a 2080 unit. My current GTX1060 can run games at 1080 and some at 1440. I'm trying to see 1440 and possibly 4K with at least 60fps.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:picard:
:hubie:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Well, I read all types of tech news. I wanted some high quality headphones and actually asked @Responsible Allen Iverson for some suggestions under $1K. He’s like buy the Audeze LCD-2s. I was like ok. Then I needed and amp. So I got a solid state for like $300 then bought a tube amp for $2K. Then I’m like, everybody says the best headphones are Focal Utopias. They cost $4K, what do they sound like?:jbhmm:

I went on audiogon.com and purchased some new ones from a dealer for $2750 (in the audiophile world, you need a good dealer). Then I was like, eh, they could sound better. So I got a Chord dac. Then I was like, they could be better and I bought the TT2 dac for $5700. Then I was like, it could be better and I bought the M-Scaler upscaler. Then I was like, shyt, I got all this power let’s get some hard to drive cans. That led to the Abyss TCs. Then I was like it could be better and bought the Woo WA33. Then I was like it could be better and I got custom cables. Now I’m happy, but who knows what’ll happen in the future :dead:

that dCS Bartók looks nice ($15k though :snoop:).

Realistically I think I’m gonna go with a TToby amp, some B&W speakers, custom cables and some nice stands next year. That’s the plan at least :yeshrug:

this audiophile shyt is addictive as hell though :francis:

edit: just saw the EVGA ceo audio room :wow:

Goddamn the impulse :damn:

Thinking about picking up an RTX 2060, looks like a middle of the road card and not as expensive as a 2080 unit. My current GTX1060 can run games at 1080 and some at 1440. I'm trying to see 1440 and possibly 4K with at least 60fps.
Spend a little more and get 2060 super or rtx 2070. If you can find a nicely priced 5700 or 5700XT, they are better options than the 2060

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Goddamn the impulse :damn:

Spend a little more and get 2060 super or rtx 2070. If you can find a nicely priced 5700 or 5700XT, they are better options than the 2060

Funny you mention the 5700XT, I was just doing some reading on it yesterday. I will definitely look at some prices on it, it got great reviews from what I remember.