The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
I was looking at EVGA's step up program but man i don't know:patrice:

2070s to 2080s wouldn't make much sense:patrice:

And the price of that 2080ti is foolish but it's the only logical option to actually step up to:patrice:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I was looking at EVGA's step up program but man i don't know:patrice:

2070s to 2080s wouldn't make much sense:patrice:

And the price of that 2080ti is foolish but it's the only logical option to actually step up to:patrice:
The 2080ti is for users who either can afford to upgrade every single generation or someone who wants to maintain peek performance until it's replacement comes out (not a 2080ti super). Like the 1080ti which everything that's not the 2080ti is attempting to catch up to.

Edit: Even after it's replacement comes - it can do everything you throw at it with high resolutions like the 1080ti has shown.

Last edited:

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
The 2080ti is for users who either can afford to upgrade every single generation or someone who wants to maintain peek performance until it's replacement comes out (not a 2080ti super). Like the 1080ti which everything that's not the 2080ti is attempting to catch up to.
If i step up I'm keeping that bytch for at least 6 years if i can help it. My 2070 super is perfect for 1440p.... today. 2-3 years from now i may have some problems but I'm also thinking that upgrading to whatever replaces this may still be cheaper than getting a 2080ti right now. I don't know bruh:mjcry:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
If i step up I'm keeping that bytch for at least 6 years if i can help it. My 2070 super is perfect for 1440p.... today. 2-3 years from now i may have some problems but I'm also thinking that upgrading to whatever replaces this may still be cheaper than getting a 2080ti right now. I don't know bruh:mjcry:
Don't upgrade your 2070 super to a 2080ti. You are too late to really enjoy owning one, wait until the next gen card. You won't notice the performance difference unless all your settings are maxed out.
I only made my previous statement because someone who bought a 1080ti almost 3 years ago, doesn't have to upgrade their gpu still in 1080p or 1440p gaming.

Whatever replaces the 2080 ti will cost 1K, people aren't upgrading technology enough for companies to charge less.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

If you truly want to do, do it.

There's always going to be something better if you keep waiting. You have to build/upgrade your computer for today.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If dust is building up that bad that you're starting to overheat, then you're getting near the point that you should do something about it.
(I'm speaking more to myself than anyone else, since the same thing is actually happening to me :snoop:)

If its really TWO different unrelated fans spinning up, then the overall case temperature must be heating up. I don't think a software update would affect both fans.

yep, I'm always amazed how much quieter my computer is after I clean it out. not only does dust affect temps, and make the fans work harder, but also all the dust on the fan blades causes air resistance, and makes them louder

I'm a pick some of this up today from the store.

The thing that's throwing me off and why I think it's something more than just heat or dust building up is that, the longer the PC is running the quieter it gets. It's annoyingly loud when it wakes up for like 30 minutes or longer... then when it's on after the noise decreases.

My GPU fan just randomly starts up, and I'm not even running anything GPU intense at all. The only things that have been open since I made this post have been Chrome and MS Teams. I haven't even installed Steam since reinstalling Windows again not that long ago. It's just weird af

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I'm a pick some of this up today from the store.

The thing that's throwing me off and why I think it's something more than just heat or dust building up is that, the longer the PC is running the quieter it gets. It's annoyingly loud when it wakes up for like 30 minutes or longer... then when it's on after the noise decreases.

My GPU fan just randomly starts up, and I'm not even running anything GPU intense at all. The only things that have been open since I made this post have been Chrome and MS Teams. I haven't even installed Steam since reinstalling Windows again not that long ago. It's just weird af

Check your CPU usage during startup in task manager.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
My bad I just hit him up and his budget is actually $500. :mjlol:
best I can do with some form of upgrade path in the future. I would advise finding a better motherboard than I have listed. It's 550 before taxes.
System Builder
You can photo edit with 6 cores and if he doesn't plan on gaming. He can pick up a cheap graphic card.

Last edited:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
New Steam library layout looks clean as hell

unknown.png