The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
I need to buy my mom a laptop. She said she want to write a book and web surfing.

Does this look good

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I need to buy my mom a laptop. She said she want to write a book and web surfing.

Does this look good

I was looking at that earlier. Looks ok but not sure how it compares to others. Price not bad either. Think I'll hold off since I would prefer a hybrid tablet instead but I like that one for basic needs. Acer not too popular tho. But maybe one of the experts knows more.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I have it listed in this description

:picard: that's a lot of SSD space.

Do you do anything else with your computer beside play games, like music production or edit videos? If so do you recommend any programs in particular?

I've used Fruity Loops, Reason, Sony Acid, Sony Vegas and a few other audio mixing programs. I'm only in the hobby stage but I'd be nice earn some extra money on the side.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:picard: that's a lot of SSD space.

Do you do anything else with your computer beside play games, like music production or edit videos? If so do you recommend any programs in particular?

I've used Fruity Loops, Reason, Sony Acid, Sony Vegas and a few other audio mixing programs. I'm only in the hobby stage but I'd be nice earn some extra money on the side.
It’s mostly for gaming, but I do edit and transcode videos (with Adobe Premier)

I’ve tried making beats before with Fruity Loops, but it’s not for me. I prefer physically touching buttons to tap out beats. I guess I could get a midi controller, but I’m not that serious about it :yeshrug: