The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'd consider a better cpu cooler. Instead of a 120mm water cooler you can buy a better performing air cooler at 60 dollars, like an nhu 14 s. Would perform better without risk of pump failure over time.
Or maybe get a cheaper power supply (around 100) and but the extra 50 dollars towards a 240mm water cooler.

Nah that cpu cooler did wonders for my i-5 And my i-8.. I trust it. I was thinking of going 240mm but i wanna add 2 more 120mm fans on the top to get a positive air flow for my system since the front of the pc only has 2 fans. Less dust is always better

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
[/QUOTE]

Epic lowkey making power moves. Meanwhile Valve is on the VR wave and given their track record with hardware... :ld:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Does the Freesync monitor have g-sync support? If not, stay with the g-sync since you’re getting an Nvidia gpu

:patrice:

You can manually enable Freesync on any adaptive sync monitor in the NVIDIA Control Panel even if they are untested and aren't on NVIDIA's list of compatible monitors.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:patrice:

You can manually enable Freesync on any adaptive sync monitor in the NVIDIA Control Panel even if they are untested and aren't on NVIDIA's list of compatible monitors.
Supposedly the monitors that aren’t officially supported have some sort of picture distortion or other video artifacts that can occur. There’s a reason why Nvidia made a list and only approves a limited number of monitors. :yeshrug:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Supposedly the monitors that aren’t officially supported have some sort of picture distortion or other video artifacts that can occur. There’s a reason why Nvidia made a list and only approves a limited number of monitors. :yeshrug:

They just want you to keep buying more expensive G-Sync monitors because they profit off of them

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
no (I have a 980ti), but the performance is supposed to be pretty bad

metro-exodus-ultra-dxr-2560x1440-geforce-gpu-performance.png

shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-high-dxr-2560x1440-geforce-gpu-performance.png

:chapllol:

If @nvidia don't get all the way tfoh with this revolutionary light bullshyt... :fohfool:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anybody into soldering? I’m looking into making a high quality headphone amp and other random electronic shyt.

@daze23 for some reason I feel you might know about this. Is that true?:jbhmm:

Anybody else?

Daps
Anybody into soldering? I’m looking into making a high quality headphone amp and other random electronic shyt.

@daze23 for some reason I feel you might know about this. Is that true?:jbhmm:

Anybody else?

Are you making a headphone amp yourself for fun or because a homemade one really sounds better?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Are you making a headphone amp yourself for fun or because a homemade one really sounds better?
For fun, at least at the beginning. I hope to gain enough skill to make a very high quality audio amp in the future, but I know that’s going to take a lot of experience, practice, and effort.

I keep seeing the bottlehead crack DIY headphone amps, and I want to try making one for myself. Also, it would be cool to make little electronics to add to my desk (outlets, charging, etc) :ehh: