The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Ok, I’m actually a bit worried about @MMA Mo. He hasn’t been on since mid-March, and he used to post daily. I hope he’s okay :patrice:
Oh damn. Hopefully just some minor life stuff...

@MMA Mo you alive, breh? :lupe:
You all might think I'm crazy, but I'm contemplating building an all AMD PC to accompany this monitor:

SamsungC49RG9 49

:jbhmm:
This is why I think everyone should have at least one off-line contact on here. shyt happens man...and personally, I would want people to know if I checked out.
:mjcry:

My PC brehs
I’m fine just spending a lot time traveling for business and when I’m not in work mode - staying offline enjoying other things than forums, social media etc. Good way to reconstruct the way and time I spend online.

I’ll be back once my weeks aren’t filled with paperwork, airports and hotels.

Wait for Ryzen 3, it’s right around the corner @Ciggavelli - Its the monitor to get. I’d put it in another room with a different setup if I were you. I want to setup the c49r with asus or Acer 43 120-144hz inch monitor on top has a bedroom setup. Use the c49r for normal and some gaming, use the 43inchhas a TV + gaming.

@Duke Dixon wait for Ryzen 3, it’s coming soon

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

My PC brehs
I’m fine just spending a lot time traveling for business and when I’m not in work mode - staying offline enjoying other things than forums, social media etc. Good way to reconstruct the way and time I spend online.

Wait for Ryzen 3, it’s right around the corner @Ciggavelli - Its the monitor to get. I’d put it in another room with a different setup if I were you. I want to setup the c49r with asus or Acer 43 120-144hz inch monitor on top has a bedroom setup. Use the c49r for normal and some gaming, use the 43inchhas a TV + gaming.

:salute:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

My PC brehs

Them ryzen 2s gonna beast
I'm excited for the gpus especially apparently you get gtx 2070 performance for half the cost if rumors are to be believed

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Anybody try ray tracing on the older Pascal GPUs?
no (I have a 980ti), but the performance is supposed to be pretty bad

metro-exodus-ultra-dxr-2560x1440-geforce-gpu-performance.png

shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-high-dxr-2560x1440-geforce-gpu-performance.png

Chronic

All Star
Daps
My PC has:
  • Asus Strix GTX1070
  • Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz
  • 8×2GB RAM
  • Asus Strix ROG Z270F
  • 250GB SSD for C:
  • Liquid Cooling
  • 1920×1080 monitor
I don't play online so I just need my PC to play FPS like Call of Duty and Battlefield or Strategy games like Total War at highest graphic setting. Should I upgrade my GPU or CPU with newest model or should I wait for future model?

Last edited: