The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
you know like two games gonna support that extra-ultra-wide shyt
Yup...:russ:

But those 2 games will be :ohlawd:

I guess, if I’m being honest, I’m just looking for a reason to build another custom watercooled pc. shyt was a fun and rewarding project. I wanna do it again :yeshrug:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, hope breh is good.

I just copped the Cooler Master 212 Black Edition. I see people have been able to OC their R5 1600 well up to 4.0ghz; however, I'm crashing at 3.8-3.9 even after playing with the volts :sadcam:
I hold steady at 3.7 though.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
finished Obra Dinn. shyt was dope. I was kinda bummed when it was over

don't sleep :ufdup:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'm looking to make a build to replace my laptop that is getting old.

What are some good places to get familiar with the parts I can get. Right now I'm not sure if I want to go intel or amd for the chip/board and don't know the pros or cons to them. I'm also trying to figure out what video card to get between the 1660ti, 2060, or a 2070. I used gpu.userbenchmark.com to compare the cards but I'm thinking the 6gb of vram on the 1660ti and 2060 will hold me back in the future.

I made a preliminary AMD build, it had some compatibility issues tho:francis:, at around what I'm willing to spend but I'd feel more comfortable dropping that much money knowing if that I'm not overpaying and it'll be what I want for a few years. I saw that the Zotac 2070 amp was $340 w/ the triple threat game pack a couple weeks ago. Right now I'm looking to game in 1080p at 144 fps but I'm interested in getting a 4k tv, I'll need the 2070 for that, in the future to play single player games. I don't think I'm going to get a console for awhile next gen because I barely play my PS4 and haven't touched my Switch since it came out, didn't even beat Zelda:snoop:.

Here is the build that I have right now

System Builder - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE, H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Daps

What are some good places to get familiar with the parts I can get. Right now I'm not sure if I want to go intel or amd for the chip/board and don't know the pros or cons to them. I'm also trying to figure out what video card to get between the 1660ti, 2060, or a 2070. I used gpu.userbenchmark.com to compare the cards but I'm thinking the 6gb of vram on the 1660ti and 2060 will hold me back in the future.

I made a preliminary AMD build, it had some compatibility issues tho:francis:, at around what I'm willing to spend but I'd feel more comfortable dropping that much money knowing if that I'm not overpaying and it'll be what I want for a few years. I saw that the Zotac 2070 amp was $340 w/ the triple threat game pack a couple weeks ago. Right now I'm looking to game in 1080p at 144 fps but I'm interested in getting a 4k tv, I'll need the 2070 for that, in the future to play single player games. I don't think I'm going to get a console for awhile next gen because I barely play my PS4 and haven't touched my Switch since it came out, didn't even beat Zelda:snoop:.

System Builder - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE, H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

I'd wait to splurge on a cpu til July when the new Ryzen CPUs come out
The 2070 is good but you can find a used 1080 ti at that price. But if you cant then get the Zotac RTX 2070 OC card it's the fastest on the market
You'll hit 60 fps in most games at 2k resolution
You can play 4k with that but most likely your frame rate wont be stable and definitely below 60 fps

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
w/e i said

C'mon breh you know how the servers are sometimes. I hit that post reply button then went to a different tab and was like "maybe I didn't hit it"

I'd wait to splurge on a cpu til July when the new Ryzen CPUs come out
The 2070 is good but you can find a used 1080 ti at that price. But if you cant then get the Zotac RTX 2070 OC card it's the fastest on the market
You'll hit 60 fps in most games at 2k resolution
You can play 4k with that but most likely your frame rate wont be stable and definitely below 60 fps

So AMD is the way to go for cpus? I also use cad software but I haven't had an issue witht he i7-6700k on my laptop. I do run into memory issues since I only have 12 on here.

I didn't think about going for a used 1080ti. I did look at new 1080s but the prices on those are ridiculous