The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Wait what GPU do you have? Because I have a GTX 1070 and when I had a 4690K I could play Destiny 2 at 4K 60fps. I even made a video(FPS top right)

I had gotten a 144hz monitor and at 1440P I could hit 90~120fps with the same settings.

I also was playing 4K medium/high settings on Assassin's Creed Origins getting 40fps.

Download MSI Afterburner and set it up to show your GPU/CPU usage while in game.

msi afterburner doesn't it drop fps while gaming, have they fixed that problem yet?

I have a RX 580

When doing solo campaign missions I'm getting 75fps easy as shown here

When I hit open areas with a number of online players though I get drops in the 50s and sometimes 40s. Here's a good example of one of those drops

But you did set your settings to medium I see...

I was being a greedy whore and was running Ultra

:lebrondamson:

it's your monitor + settings

Last edited:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
does anyone put little action figures in their case like I be seeing online?
I did when I had my case on my desk, but since I've moved my desk out of plain sight, I've taken them out.
So it does seem Trostland in general is a fukked up spot and it ain't just me
Yeah that's a factor as well as what others have pointed out about your ultra wide. Trostland tanks fps no matter the hardware. It's heaviest near the church.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
msi afterburner doesn't it drop fps while gaming, have they fixed that problem yet?
Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS), which is the OSD Afterburner uses, can drop your FPS. but that's only when it's actually displaying the data. simply toggling it off has the same effect as completely closing the program (RTSS)

but we're talking about a few FPS here, and it can still provide you with useful insight into what's going on when you're playing a game. best to just set up a toggle key, so you can turn it off the majority of time you're playing

MSI Afterburner controls my GPU's overclock and fan curve, so turning it off completely definitely has a negative effect on my performance. but it does make my GPU quieter :ehh:

all that being said, RTSS also doesn't play nice with some games, and/or other overlays. when you got an overlay running from Steam, GeForce Experience, RTSS, and Teamspeak there could be conflicts

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Bought a 970 a few years ago.

I mainly play games that don't need a beast GPU:mjlol:
Turn off frame counter and 99% of players will not notice the difference between 60-80 fps now if you are getting 20-40 fps you might notice the difference between that and 80 fps

Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS), which is the OSD Afterburner uses, can drop your FPS. but that's only when it's actually displaying the data. simply toggling it off has the same effect as completely closing the program (RTSS)

but we're talking about a few FPS here, and it can still provide you with useful insight into what's going on when you're playing a game. best to just set up a toggle key, so you can turn it off the majority of time you're playing

MSI Afterburner controls my GPU's overclock and fan curve, so turning it off completely definitely has a negative effect on my performance. but it does make my GPU quieter :ehh:

all that being said, RTSS also doesn't play nice with some games, and/or other overlays. when you got an overlay running from Steam, GeForce Experience, RTSS, and Teamspeak there could be conflicts
true I just know the average gamer doesn't care about 99% of those things and can't tell the difference. I'm pretty sure tenchi monitor is a 75hz monitor too so he shouldn't even want anything greater than 75 fps.
--------
Bought another 1950x for 400 dollars yesterday and a 200 dollar asus x399 board :mjlol:
What a bargain :wow:
Couldn't resist.
------------------------

Trying to decide between LG 43UD79B, Dell P4317Q, AOC C4008VU8 (Only curved 4K display with option to attach 4 devices (they can all have 4 different displays in 1)
Anyone have history or knowledge about any of these 4K 40 inch plus displays?

Last edited:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
So I copped Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on PC for like $5 or $6. I usually get them for the campaign but out of curiosity I installed the multiplayer and that bytch is still up and running strong. :ohhh:

I changed my resolution to 1440p and turned the AA to x4 and 144hz. :whoo:

Boy this isn't how I remember this game looking on PS3 and Xbox 360....I think I just remastered this shyt by upping the resolution :banderas:

Got nuked by somebody on my first match....had fun though lol :lolbron:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I finally painted my case

h3e86Sc.jpg

Side note: I was joking around with my bro about “how hard can it be?,” because it actually was hard to figure out. We had no idea how to do it. :dead:

It took us a long time to figure out how to splatter correctly. We tried brushes, just flicking it out of the bottle, etc. The toothbrush finally worked out well though :whew:

Last edited: