The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SPDIF/HDMI Sound Keeper v1.0.2 [2017/12/23] - VEG's Blog

If you connect your PC to an A/V Receiver via HDMI you may have this problem I have too whereby when the receiver isn't receiving any sound after a period(I guess a minute or so?), the sound playback is delayed by a second or so when you resume audio. I don't mean out of sync though.

This program just plays an inaudible sound in the background to keep the sound "alive" so to speak. Annoying issue that I couldn't really find a fix for.

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
SPDIF/HDMI Sound Keeper v1.0.2 [2017/12/23] - VEG's Blog

If you connect your PC to an A/V Receiver via HDMI you may have this problem I have too whereby when the receiver isn't receiving any sound after a period(I guess a minute or so?), the sound playback is delayed by a second or so when you resume audio. I don't mean out of sync though.

This program just plays an inaudible sound in the background to keep the sound "alive" so to speak. Annoying issue that I couldn't really find a fix for.

Had a similiar issue as well with my receiver not playing anything after sometime and had to change sound format to get it back. An update finally fixed the issue on my Denon and win10 pc using atmos. Good luck!

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
Not very good :francis:. I, unfortunately, have Shingles and I have very bad nerve pain from it. Plus, I’m all dizzy from the medicine. So I’m pretty worthless at the moment :mjcry:

But, my brother is coming to town on Tuesday, and we’re gonna finish it up this week. He’s never built a computer before, so he’s excited to watch and learn. Plus, I can have him help with the bends. :win:

We waiting on them pics, the new masterpiece :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli, you said you were gonna paint your case in a Jackson Pollock inspired design.
how do you plan on doing this?
I went to Hobby Lobby and got paint. I've decided to only go with 3 colors. The base will be spray painted blue, and then I got acrylic paint to drip black and red all over. I'm only painting a portion of the case, with the rest staying black. Inside the case, I have blue water cooling, black fittings, and blue rgbs with red accents.

I have the case pictured in my mind, so hopefully it comes out like I want. If not, I'll just paint that portion all blue, with the rest of the case being black. I've been lazy due to the shingles, but I need to get on painting the case tomorrow, so that it can dry in the next few days. My bro is coming tomorrow, and we're gonna hit the ground running.

I will be taking pictures and videos of the build. If all goes as planned, I'll post the videos to youtube :lupe:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I went to Hobby Lobby and got paint. I've decided to only go with 3 colors. The base will be spray painted blue, and then I got acrylic paint to drip black and red all over. I'm only painting a portion of the case, with the rest staying black. Inside the case, I have blue water cooling, black fittings, and blue rgbs with red accents.

I have the case pictured in my mind, so hopefully it comes out like I want. If not, I'll just paint that portion all blue, with the rest of the case being black. I've been lazy due to the shingles, but I need to get on painting the case tomorrow, so that it can dry in the next few days. My bro is coming tomorrow, and we're gonna hit the ground running.

I will be taking pictures and videos of the build. If all goes as planned, I'll post the videos to youtube :lupe:

just wondering how you plan to actually get the design onto the case.

pollock dripped paint onto the canvas.
are you gonna get a skin for it?

what exactly are you gonna do?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
just wondering how you plan to actually get the design onto the case.

pollock dripped paint onto the canvas.
are you gonna get a skin for it?

what exactly are you gonna do?
Maybe I haven't thought this through properly :sadcam:

I was going to spray paint it blue, let is dry, use a small paintbrush to basically fling drops of black and red over the blue. So, I will be painting directly on the case.

Is this the wrong way to go? Do you have any suggestions?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Maybe I haven't thought this through properly :sadcam:

I was going to spray paint it blue, let is dry, use a small paintbrush to basically fling drops of black and red over the blue. So, I will be painting directly on the case.

Is this the wrong way to go? Do you have any suggestions?

get the surface of the case prepared.
you may just have to spray or brush a primer on it.

keep in mind the proportions of the case in regards to the paintings you are referencing.
he was using wall brushes.
what are you gonna use to apply drip paint?

i would use acrylic....it dries fast.

prepare the paint just before you apply it but have it planned out in advance.

sorry it that was a disjointed mess.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
For customer

5e7THnt.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
get the surface of the case prepared.
you may just have to spray or brush a primer on it.

keep in mind the proportions of the case in regards to the paintings you are referencing.
he was using wall brushes.
what are you gonna use to apply drip paint?

i would use acrylic....it dries fast.

prepare the paint just before you apply it but have it planned out in advance.

sorry it that was a disjointed mess.

I did get acrylic paint and a bunch of brushes. I was literally going to just dip the brush in the paint and then flick it over the portion of the case I want to cover. Luckily, the section is flat and can be removed easily. I was just going to lay it down flat, spray paint it with the blue, let it dry, and then drip the black and red over it.

I haven’t thought about prepping the paint. I’m gonna do some research on that now.

I appreciate the advice :salute:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Brehs is a i5-7400 shytty?

Cause games I think I should be getting better FPS I don't, I want to blame it on this CPU. Now I've seen people point to me using a ultra-wide which is 30 something percent more content to process compared to 1080p I've been told, but I see nikkas playing titles at 1440p at 60fps and shyt.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Cause games I think I should be getting better FPS I don't, I want to blame it on this CPU. Now I've seen people point to me using a ultra-wide which is 30 something percent more content to process compared to 1080p I've been told, but I see nikkas playing titles at 1440p at 60fps and shyt.

No

But a problem might be the games you're playing are trying to use more than 4 threads

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

you can monitor cpu and gpu usage to see where the bottleneck is. if you're getting low fps, but your gpu isn't at 99% usage, then the cpu is probably the bottleneck