The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Does anyone know if Razor make good PC laptops?

Thinking about coppin that Razor 15 laptop. Shyts looks clean as fuk.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:

The motherboard is $149.99 at Micro Center and $119.99 once you get the $30 dollars off with the CPU Bundle.

Not returning the 64, it was only $28 dollars more at Micro Center.
The Asus board naming is confusing :russ:

I used to be the same, till I got the Noctua cooler fan setup...while ugly, it lowered my cpu temps by 20 degrees. And we're talking about hot temps under AC Origins - ultra settings. Those goddamn Austrian's are killing the cpu cooler game.....fukking ugly looking piece of great machinery.
Bequiet will help that ugly problem

Getting the hang of tinkering with graphic settings....

Downloaded a demo of Project Cars 2 and at first was getting like 30...damn near sub 20 fps....I'd think a 580 would handle shyt like this on ultra, but a simple tweak of settings helped out...left car models and environment models on Ultra, but put the rest on high and put shadows on medium...also swapped MSAA for SMAA and get much better frame rate

Make sure to change settings to dx12

Not with Noctua, I purposefully shut of off the AC at summer time, and it was taking care of business...surprisingly. It was doing better than my 90$ aio....which pissed me off a bit.
Current gen AIO are gimmick honestly especially if you are comparing it to any higher end air cooler. They need to find ways to make mounting air coolers better though.

I live in the south breh. turning off the A/C in the summer would be unbearable. and that's tied to what I'm saying. I have to run the A/C 24/7 in the summer to keep my crib in the 70's. now it gets cool at night, and I can just open a window and have it be cooler than it would be with the A/C

the loudest fan in my machine is the gpu fan(s) anyway. and that's mostly because of my custom fan curve that hits 100% at 70C. the default Nvidia fan curve sucks, and will basically let your card throttle to keep it quiet

You have to take your system out a dense room, only way to not sit in a 80 degree room with the AC on :russ:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Does anybody subscribe to VPN? What's the best one is it a good idea?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Bequiet will help that ugly problem

Make sure to change settings to dx12

Current gen AIO are gimmick honestly especially if you are comparing it to any higher end air cooler. They need to find ways to make mounting air coolers better though.

You have to take your system out a dense room, only way to not sit in a 80 degree room with the AC on :russ:

Pretty much agree with everything you said. Stats wise, Noctua is the leader in all cooling. AIO's were quaint, and are great for low-key builds, but I'm more of a efficiency > aesthetics, so for me, its Noctua till the death of me. On the whole room temp thing, I've been testing it recently, the ambient temp is irrelevant when it comes to Noctua, it simply cools better. Now if could be my layout but I only have one fan on the cooler and a case fan helping with the push/pull set up. My AIO had two fans and a huge radiator. Noctua comes out the winner every time.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My last component comes Monday (my 4tb 860 evo). So, it's time to paint my case. Have any of you ever painted a case before? If so, can you share some tips and tricks? I'm only painting the orange part on my case. I wanna do a base of navy blue, with red and black drips (my color scheme for the build is black and blue, with highlights of red). I have no idea what I'm doing :lupe:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Bout to clean house with this Namco weekend sale on steam....gonna buy project cars 2 like mentioned above, and gonna get those Sword Art online games....the online community prolly dead but the campaign should be decent.

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
sQwNJyU.png

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 (2 x 8GB) PC4-22400 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit | Ebuyer.com

£135.84 inc. vat
£180.04 save £44.20

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Should have copped 32gb when I had the chance.:francis:

Hope these colluding fukks get taken to the cleaners.:pacspit:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Finally fixed my wifi woes....

I pay for 250mbps from comcast and wired connection I get that easy....and all my consoles get that...but the way my home is setup, my PC is on the wifi...but the saving grace is that I have a 5ghz modem which is faster than the 2.4ghz...or so it was supposed to be. I was getting terrible speed the past month...only like 13mbps which was pathetic, even slower than the 2.4 which usually gets around 30 around the whole house. Luckily reading up on it showed me about changing channels and how congestion can usually be the culprit. Changed it and now getting solid 90-110mbps on my wifi connected PC.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
When is the right time to change a PC, had mine since 2012:jbhmm:still works pretty fine and i only use it for the innanet and thats very rare these days as im on my phone.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone provide some pointers for this issue my friend is facing. He built a new system a few weeks ago(Ryzen 5 2700X, GTX 2080 Ti, Asus Rog Crosshair Hero VII, 16GB DDR4 RAM). Lately his system will shut down randomly and at first I said it's gotta be something overheating. The Power supply is an 800w Plus Gold I believe. His CPU was overclocked at first but I set it to default clock speed, and monitored the temps in game and after about a few COD matches while the game was finishing and showing the scores the system shut down. The GPU temp was around 71~74c and CPU lower. He has adequate cooling(4 front case fans pulling in air, top case mounted fan blowing air out as well as rear exhaust fan. He had one mounted directly underneath the GPU on the bottom of the case blowing in air so at first I told him try removing it because I wasn't sure if the GPU wasn't blowing out air but it seems like it's pulling in air so removing that bottom fan didn't make a difference really.

What could be the issue? I couldn't stay much longer to check it out but it couldn't have been the temps since I saw the temp right before it shut down and it wasn't near the rated temps(89c for the GPU I believe.)

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Random question. Any way to use a computer as a second screen for a smart phone? I could've swore I did it some years back but don't remember how. My friends son bit his girls phone and the screen is black. Was trying to see if hooking it up to a pc can show the screen on there.