The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Wait it out to see how adoption is. You don't want to get PhysX'd :francis:
i will wait till Christmas to build a new PC. I gotta buy everything including a monitor. I will save up some flow for this. It will be worth it. I will reply back in this thread Christmas time

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The top-end RTX GPU struggles to hit 60fps at 1080p in the ray traced Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Hands-on with the Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti and real-time ray traced gaming

:deadmanny:
Why are you so anti-technology? I don't think people on here understand that ray tracing is the holy-grail of gaming. This will finally allow developers to attain that ideal photorealistic look. The fact that we can now generate ray trace images at cinematic frame rates in REAL TIME is insane. Pixar was only able to employ the technology just five years ago. And now a home computer will be able to accomplish the same in real time... that's crazy.

We don't know how optimized the benchmark platform these reviewers used even was. Let's wait until 9/20 and see where this goes.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why are you so anti-technology? I don't think people on here understand that ray tracing is the holy-grail of gaming. This will finally allow developers to attain that ideal photorealistic look. The fact that we can now generate ray trace images at cinematic frame rates in REAL TIME is insane. Pixar was only able to employ the technology just five years ago. And now a home computer will be able to accomplish the same in real time... that's crazy.

We don't know how optimized the benchmark platform these reviewers used even was. Let's wait until 9/20 and see where this goes.

:mjlol:

There's a reason NVIDIA didn't bring up performance at the show

NVIDIA shills and the defense of price gauging

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

That's what I've been saying. On paper, this is the true next gen.

MMA

Superstar
Daps

Agreed but the price point is clearly planned.
I'm making a prediction the 1080 ti surplus is why they are going this route. They can release these cards and mark up the prices by stating we are paying for entry in technology. Nvidia has been practicing this kind of shyt for years. There's no way to justify these prices, they know the surplus due to cryptomining will recover - everyone who can't afford to spend 500-1400 dollars on gpu's. I bet we'll watch the next 4-6 months of 1080 ti's still being available from manufacturers.
The price difference between the 980 ti and 1080 ti is 50 dollars, now it's 300-400 dollars.

Those ASUS 2080tis are up for sale now according to TechRadar

Get em while you can :lupe:
I only saw euro cards and they were 1400 :damn:

only have a 2070 pre-ordered. Can someone please help me find a strix 2080 ti

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
1xJDule.jpg

ccb7ntv.jpg

5S5lDbV.jpg

fDKjQ8N.jpg

Last edited:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Working on my old laptop with Windows 10 on it

Trying to get Windows up to date but without a SSD, it stays at 80% disk usage :dead: