The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, SLI is officially dead. :mjcry:

I guess that’ll save us $1K+ with the new Titans and TIs though :ehh:
We'll still most likely buy SLI like an idiot:mjlol:

I meant more as what an entry price for their cases will be.

LOL @ $200 being the minimum for a Lian Li case in the near future.

Lian Li has a ton of 100 dollar cases this year. I bought the o11d for 130

How much?? Yall gotta start posting prices with these news or at least estimated prices

I'd guess the i7 9700k would go for around the same price has the i7 8700k, same with the i5 model. The top of the i7 will go for the same price has the i7 8086k. Intel thinks their slink. I'm done with them. It was justified with the FX bulldozer line and intel chips but today, I'll gladly take 10-15% less fps in 1080p gaming because 1440/4K gaming there is no difference between intel or ryzen

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
We'll still most likely buy SLI like an idiot:mjlol:

Lian Li has a ton of 100 dollar cases this year. I bought the o11d for 130

I'd guess the i7 9700k would go for around the same price has the i7 8700k, same with the i5 model. The top of the i7 will go for the same price has the i7 8086k. Intel thinks their slink. I'm done with them. It was justified with the FX bulldozer line and intel chips but today, I'll gladly take 10-15% less fps in 1080p gaming because 1440/4K gaming there is no difference between intel or ryzen beside Tr4/X299 (only exist in 1440 (5% difference), 4K nonexistence).
a lot of people told me to skip the 8700k. Im buying a new computer by end of this year (probably right after the new cards drop)

MMA

Superstar
Daps
a lot of people told me to skip the 8700k. Im buying a new computer by end of this year (probably right after the new cards drop)
Depends on use case, if it is strictly gaming - it doesn't matter. If you are doing software like adobe etc go intel, if you don't care to perform lets say 10% better with those kind of intel bias software go ryzen and save yourself 60-150 dollars on a cooler.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Depends on use case, if it is strictly gaming - it doesn't matter. If you are doing software like adobe etc go intel, if you don't care to perform lets say 10% better with those kind of intel bias software go ryzen and save yourself 60-150 dollars on a cooler.

im always going to go intel. I really only use my computer for gaming and light work

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Temporarily placed chip in 1950x build, overclocked to 4.0ghz with 2 1080 ti , 1 vega frontier. I'm testing how I should configure the cores while doing specific task on 1 pc so the second test - turned on monster hunter world while using blender and a deep learning simulator and the pc shut down with a 1200 power supply.
:gucci:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Nvidia is showing out with the new quadro and turing line :ohlawd:

Finally what we have been asking for.
Wifey's 30 year old MacBook is on its way to see Elizabeth

I'm thinking about making her a HackBook out of a Dell XPS 15. All is needed to do is fukk with the BIOS and change the network card. Is it worth the hassle? Anyone do this?

Why buy the Dell XPS just to turn it into a hackintosh?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I keep reading that the RTX 2080 (no typo) will be revealed August 20.

If I’m only buying one card (as SLI is basically dead), I might buy the 2080 and then trade up for the new Turing Titan. Maybe...:jbhmm:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Why buy the Dell XPS just to turn it into a hackintosh?
An XPS is like half the cost of a MBP with the same specs

I can get an i5 XPS 15 with 4K for like $1200. She works in the creative field and we do a good bit of travel photography so it would be good for all that

Plus I *think* I could dual boot it with Windows if that all goes to shyt

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Why even start it as an auction breh? That's risking someone backing out if they find a better deal.

Just let it run with a buy it now and set the "offers" as the lowest you are willing to consider...auto declining the rest. Once you communicate with a buyer don't accept the offer, instead just tell them you are setting it to the price they offered and it will force them to pay immediately to secure it. I would remove the international shipping as well.

I've dealt with eBay too long :snoop:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Why even start it as an auction breh? That's risking someone backing out if they find a better deal.

Just let it run with a buy it now and set the "offers" as the lowest you are willing to consider...auto declining the rest. Once you communicate with a buyer don't accept the offer, instead just tell them you are setting it to the price they offered and it will force them to pay immediately to secure it. I would remove the international shipping as well.

I've dealt with eBay too long :snoop:

Thanks for the advice

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I keep reading that the RTX 2080 (no typo) will be revealed August 20.

If I’m only buying one card (as SLI is basically dead), I might buy the 2080 and then trade up for the new Turing Titan. Maybe...:jbhmm:
Same, I'm buying 2 for the 2080 if the titan is has good as people are saying I'll stick with 1 oppose to 2. They will sell for what I paid in this time frame. Cards will be sold out immediately.

:russ: The chip handled it well, the power supply went dark. After using meter, it was using around 1400-1500 watts.

An XPS is like half the cost of a MBP with the same specs

I can get an i5 XPS 15 with 4K for like $1200. She works in the creative field and we do a good bit of travel photography so it would be good for all that

Plus I *think* I could dual boot it with Windows if that all goes to shyt
Go ahead I have a hackintosh, on PC it was fine to do but on a laptop, most annoying process but that was 5 years ago