The Pathless PS5’s very own BOTW? Reviews out

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
alright I’m done flooding the thread...last point...exploring the land is the main appeal of the game...I’ve enjoyed that aspect of it far more than the “boss” encounters...I beat the game and still find myself in wonderment approaching new areas...again there’s no map so there is a sense of accomplishment in finding “undiscovered” areas

LOL, you not flooding it so much as you the main one keeping it alive right now. Seems not many others copped yet. I'm copping by the weekend. Might cop today if I see this reward credit has actually entered my account by now.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad I went back and collected everything...just gotta fight the end battle again to get the extended ending then I’m DONE lol

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Is this shyt good or not? Don’t own a switch never played botw. Does it do certain things better than botw?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this shyt good or not? Don’t own a switch never played botw. Does it do certain things better than botw?

it shouldn’t be compared to BOTW at all...BOTW offers more of a full experience and has a healthy balance of action/adventure/exploration...I guess folks said that bcuz it has a cartoon style and the protagonist uses a bow and arrow...that’s pretty much all they have in common and also you have to look and find shyt which makes every game “like” BOTW if that’s the case lol...the bow and arrow isn’t even used to hunt/kill really...it’s more so used to “fast travel” and solve puzzles...I enjoyed it a lot...if you’re not the type of gamer who likes exploring large quiet portions of land looking for little shyt here and there or you find those type of games to be boring then you won’t like this...the action portions of the game are “ok”...the exploration/adventure is the best part imo

I’ve virtually played the game twice

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
it shouldn’t be compared to BOTW at all...BOTW offers more of a full experience and has a healthy balance of action/adventure/exploration...I guess folks said that bcuz it has a cartoon style and the protagonist uses a bow and arrow...that’s pretty much all they have in common and also you have to look and find shyt which makes every game “like” BOTW if that’s the case lol...the bow and arrow isn’t even used to hunt/kill really...it’s more so used to “fast travel” and solve puzzles...I enjoyed it a lot...if you’re not the type of gamer who likes exploring large quiet portions of land looking for little shyt here and there or you find those type of games to be boring then you won’t like this...the action portions of the game are “ok”...the exploration/adventure is the best part imo

Nice!

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yep...great game...just finished replaying the ending...this game is the closest I’ve come to going platinum* (89%) beating out spider-man (82%) and ghost of tsushima (75%)...I don’t typically play for trophies but I really like exploring the land so much that I’m tempted to go back and pick up a few more...I don’t see myself going platinum tho...I’ve explored most of the terrain twice already and I’ve still missed a few shyt here and there...I don’t have it in me to do it a third time lol

...without spoiling anything I heard there’s an extended ending if you find all the gold animal-head markers in their respective regions

only 15 seconds extra but it was worth it lol

*edit*

I’m stopping at 90% ...just got one more trophy lol

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I aint ever met nobody in real life who cuts for BOTW like I see here. I go in gamestops and me and the gamestop employees be shytting on this game cause we all have the same complaint, THE GAME IS fukkING BORING. :mjlol:

I let my potna who got out the pen borrow my switch and he wanted to play the game and he said it was boring too, how you gone bore a nikka who just got done doing 6 years out of the game. :what:
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, I'm just getting it now. Got the bird last night and two flaps now. It definitely isn't much like BOTW at all, so I'm not sure why that comparison was made here, lol. BOTW is definitely action-adventure, whereas this is pretty much just adventure-puzzler. They both have a go-anywhere pretty immediately, figure it out yourself style open-world and a bow n arrow and that's where the comparison ends. The puzzles aren't the same really and all games practically all have some sort of figure it out, puzzle element to them, as that's rather the point of gaming.

Once you get the rhythm of the game's traversal mechanics and get the game, it opens up quite well. Initially, it feels a lil confusing in the very beginning tho and due to that, some may feel it's a bit boring early on. It's really nice once you get over that lil hurdle. How quickly that is is dependent upon how fast you figure the games mechanics out, both on the puzzle side and momentum aspect, which may take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to maybe an hour in.

*EDIT*

Why you change ya avi, fool? Who was the girl you used to have in it anyways?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
After actually reviewing that article linked in OP a bit, I can see why the BOTW comparison is being cited so much tho. It's cuz the devs used it as inspiration for the open world design a bit. It's still definitely not the same type of game, but I get that part tho.