The Pathless PS5’s very own BOTW? Reviews out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
None of those games look like ps2 games. yall must have forgot what ps2 looked like, even the kid-friendly cartoon games.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
None of those games look like ps2 games. yall must have forgot what ps2 looked like, even the kid-friendly cartoon games.

Nah, Bugsnax definitely looks something akin to Jax n Daxter or Ratchet, but just smoother and in really high resolution. It's not a bad thing really. Not every game needs to break the graphical boundaries of previous generations. Hell, more "retro" gfx style games should be emulating other gens' art & tech styles instead of just whoring the 8-bit generation like Indies love to do.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You been buying games at quite the clip homie, lol.

I would've bought this game already, but I figured I'd at least way until December to buy any other games cuz I already got like 5-6 titles in current rotation, which among about 4 are new.

when I went digital it became easier to start hoarding games...the difference for me this time around is I’m doing a better job of juggling 4-5 games...usually I just play a game or 2 at a time

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

game looks incredible on a big screen/PS5...it reminds me of BOTW only in the sense that I feel I’d be doing myself a disservice playing this on a small screen given how massive the landscape is and how important it is to be able to traverse it using the fast-travel “archery” system

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
when you go digital it’s easy to start hoarding games...the difference for me this time around is I’m doing a better job of juggling 4-5 games...usually I just play a game or 2 at a time

I feel ya. I typically play 3-4 games at a time. Typically, a fighter, an rpg, a platformer and 2 action/adventure games. I got like 6 now in rotation, but I just beat Astro's Playroom, so that's 1 down.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn...I really like the puzzles and I can’t say it enough but exploring the land as well...not having a map forces you to rely on the “3rd eye” (those who play it will immediately understand) and your instincts/intuition...the only complaint I have is once I got over the excitement of facing the first “boss” when I encountered the 2nd one I realized they’re not too challenging and it’s almost impossible to die or take any severe/long-lasting damage from them...I play it for about an hour a day so I’ll probably be done by tomorrow as far as the main mission goes but I sense I can go back and explore conquered areas of the map so I will try it after I beat the game...I like exploring enough to see if I can find all the gold animal-head markers even tho they’re not all required

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s def a fun and relaxing game to play. The haptic on the controller really makes shooting fun and dynamic and i can’t imagine getting the same experience on my iPad playing it.

I gotta put all my gaming on hold until the semester is over and then cyberpunk comes out so I’m not sure when will play this again but its def fun

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
finished...great game...great music...good story...tryna figure out what language is spoken in the game...about to continue and see if I can explore the land some more now that it’s “cleansed of evil”

*edit*

damn...looks like that’s it...when I hit continue it takes me back to the last point I was at before I faced the godslayer (end “boss”) to replay the final battle...that stinks

:francis:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, that was quick, lol.

ya it’s a short game...if anything I finished a day late cuz I didn’t play as much yesterday...it’s like a 6-hour game

if I had known the game ended on this note I would’ve spent more time tho finding everything instead of just the bare essentials to fight each “boss”...without spoiling anything I heard there’s an extended ending if you find all the gold animal-head markers in their respective regions

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn...looks like that’s it...when I hit continue it takes me back to the last point I was at before I faced the godslayer (end “boss”) to replay the final battle...that stinks

ok...this is actually a good thing...from this save point I can turn around and go back and continue to explore the different regions throughout the land that have been cleansed by me and continue to look for the markers...then I can always come back and fight the godslayer again to see the extended ending

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only “gripe” is the puzzles aren’t too hard to figure out after a while and the “boss” fights don’t feel that challenging after the first one

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also I like the tension you feel on the triggers when shooting arrows...you can feel the difference between a well shot arrow vs an ill-timed one if you have an early release

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
alright I’m done flooding the thread...last point...exploring the land is the main appeal of the game...I’ve enjoyed that aspect of it far more than the “boss” encounters...I beat the game and still find myself in wonderment approaching new areas...again there’s no map so there is a sense of accomplishment in finding “undiscovered” areas