The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah the first DLC was mid. I don't think I'm going to mess with this one.

I did have a ton of fun with the game though. Two full playthroughs. A sequel with the groundwork they laid here would be incredible.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah the first DLC was mid. I don't think I'm going to mess with this one.

I did have a ton of fun with the game though. Two full playthroughs. A sequel with the groundwork they laid here would be incredible.

I expect Avowed to basically be The Outer Worlds 2 but in a fantasy setting. Kind of like how Fallout is Elder Scrolls but in a different setting.

Obsidian about to ether Bethesda again. :pachaha:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I expect Avowed to basically be The Outer Worlds 2 but in a fantasy setting. Kind of like how Fallout is Elder Scrolls but in a different setting.

Obsidian about to ether Bethesda again. :pachaha:

Please don't say this, I'm actually looking forward to Avowed. :mjcry:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
THE BASE GAME - 5.5/10
THE BASE GAME WITH DLC - 8.5/10

The DLC literally lifted and saved this game for me.

I did it.

I toughed it out and got to the point where game stop holding your hand. Which is 10+ hours into the game.

2 boring ass planets that went on way too long.

This is game really is extremely different two halves...

The 1st half is monotonous, boring, linear, and a lot of the characters that just don't matter.

Then, there is some serious game design issues. Like who the fukk does a melee build. It's insane... It feels like the game really forces you into a particular build.

The way the game/plot structure is honestly terrible. The plot has an overabundance of filler dialogue. There is no serious or engaging drama till over halfway through it. The game spends way too much time in one setting at the beginning of the game.

A space adventure game... There was a tremendous lack of adventure. It was mostly like doing chores on one planet. Let's go to a cool space station for an hour. Then, let's go do more chores on another planet.

Lame.

Then, You'll unlock a bunch of side quest. The DLCs, and game genuinely becomes amazing.

The writing in the base game was just mayonnaise sandwich of bland, no stakes, and the same boring ironic capitalism joke/tone for a good 10 hours. Just one of the worst slow starts I've ever experienced.

Once the game shift gears thanks to these amazing DLC expansions. The jokes, drama, and level design finally started to appeal to me. It completely abandoned that stupid "Let's be ironic" humor and focus on making real jokes and drama. It's a complete 180 from the 1st half.

I hope the writers for the DLC are retained for sequel, because it was honestly the best part of the game.

No game should have such a terrible start that last 10 hours. A game not able to stand on its own with DLC is also a very bad look. Especially, when the game finally started to open up and give you freedom. It's basically over if not for the side content and DLC.

Last edited:

Water

Pro
Daps
I loved this game. Played through about 3 times. The base game is alright but the dlc is :wow: