The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I recently beat this. I love open world type rpgs, so I liked this. It was a little tedious at times, but a solid 8/10. If you don’t like open world Fallout style rpgs, there’s really no reason to play this though. It doesn’t do anything spectacularly

Pretty fair description. It's like gaming comfort food. Not really all that special, but when you're looking for a specific type of game, it fits that mold pretty well.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I tried to play this last year on XSX to scratch the RPG itch I had. I'm not a fan of 1st person shooters at all. But this was similar to the GOAT mass effect being a space faring rpg with companions but I just couldn't pull myself to play it.

I think I'll give it another try.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to play this last year on XSX to scratch the RPG itch I had. I'm not a fan of 1st person shooters at all. But this was similar to the GOAT mass effect being a space faring rpg with companions but I just couldn't pull myself to play it.

I think I'll give it another try.

Honestly, I don't know if this is gonna hit for you, then. You can put together some decent builds, but it still leans pretty heavily into the FPS aspect, especially early in the game when you're getting the base level of a build going.

There are some really interesting solutions to quests you can put together, but you're still gonna have to deal with FPS combat, heavily so for a bit in the middle.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Playing this now. Liking it so far. It's kind of like Mass Affect/Fallout lite or something.
Only gripe I have is that there is no auto aim in firefights, which kind of forces you to constantly use the slow motion mechanism when shyt gets sticky

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Kinda mad I didn't check this out earlier. Been playing nonstop since I cleared FOL:NV/FO3 earlier this month.

Fun ass playthrough, plan on running through it again as soon as i'm done with a different build.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I really wish the main game was as good as the DLC. It's a really long slog in the middle of game when it goes full fetch quests.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Playing this now. Liking it so far. It's kind of like Mass Affect/Fallout lite or something.
Only gripe I have is that there is no auto aim in firefights, which kind of forces you to constantly use the slow motion mechanism when shyt gets sticky
It's a great game, once you play it you understand why the people who have already are so hype for a part 2

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this game good? It looked so corny I never even tried it and it’s free on ps extra. The scale of the planets looked so small to me

Daps
I loved it, but I prefer those smaller WRPGs with tiny planet hubs. It reminded me of KotOR, and I love KotOR. Since they won't let Obsidian follow up on KotOR II with a KotOR III, this is the next best thing.

The corporatist stuff was overdone as a joke, but the party members are extremely well-written, IMO. I'm thinking I might run through this game again at some point soon. The DLC was good, too, specifically Murder on Eridianos.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this game good? It looked so corny I never even tried it and it’s free on ps extra. The scale of the planets looked so small to me
It is good, not great, but a solid foundation for a sequel, you’re right about the planets tho, it was my biggest criticism, they don’t really feel like different planets, they’re all just small slightly different looking hub areas

Last edited: